Did you know?

that if you are to far away from your car for the key to work you can put it towards your head (or chest) and it will increase the range of your car key and thus either lock or unlock the car.

If you did not know this, next time you are going out for a drive, do some tests ;)

Edit: it´s actually quite nice when you forgot exactly where you parked the car in a shopping mall parking lot.
Just put it against the temple and press and it should find your car.

I thought you just throw the key at the door, then hope it will miraculously fly into the keyhole and unlock the door, then the door will open by some freak accident and the key falls out and is taken by a sudden but strong gust of wind, then fly into the car,bounce of the gear lever, and fly into the ignition, then the fat fly you trapped last time you were out driving in hopes of it dieing, falls exhausted from the front window and amazingly hits the key, and starts the car for you, then it would be something ;)
But only slightly unrealistic :D

Funnily enough, I've known this for a while. Apparently the shape of your jaw causes the signal to go further as it is similar to the shape of a satellite. Now, that's something I'm sure you didn't know before ;)

Wasn't it Clarkson that first broke this many moons ago on Top Gear?, can't say I ever tried it though.

You can actually see scroats in all the local Council Estate and Gym car parks just waiting for someone to put a key to their head, the car unlocks while driver is still some distance away giving said scroats a few seconds to have it away with the Lappy on the back seat ;)

Funnily enough, I've known this for a while. Apparently the shape of your jaw causes the signal to go further as it is similar to the shape of a satellite. Now, that's something I'm sure you didn't know before ;)

Mr. Pozar explains, “You are capacitively coupling the fob to your head. With all the fluids in your head it ends up being a nice conductor. Not a great one, but it works.” Using your head can extend the key’s wireless range by a few car lengths.

You should get the same distance by pushing it towards the solar plexus too :)

I thought you just throw the key at the door, then hope it will miraculously fly into the keyhole and unlock the door, then the door will open by some freak accident and the key falls out and is taken by a sudden but strong gust of wind, then fly into the car,bounce of the gear lever, and fly into the ignition, then the fat fly you trapped last time you were out driving in hopes of it dieing, falls exhausted from the front window and amazingly hits the key, and starts the car for you, then it would be something ;)
But only slightly unrealistic :D

For me it would be more a case of miss-judge elevation & hit car window which shatters...
And only then if it was someones car I'd borrowed! :roflmao:

that if you are to far away from your car for the key to work you can put it towards your head (or chest) and it will increase the range of your car key and thus either lock or unlock the car.

If you did not know this, next time you are going out for a drive, do some tests ;)

Edit: it´s actually quite nice when you forgot exactly where you parked the car in a shopping mall parking lot.
Just put it against the temple and press and it should find your car.

Actually a friend of mine also believed in this, and i simply enough proved him wrong. Also yeah it happened with that trick as u say but also worked even without putting your hand next to your head, just a little harder, It interesting however but i personaly dont think that changes something.

As for the parking i use to lose my car everytime i go in the City Mall for those race in the championship lolol

Actually a friend of mine also believed in this, and i simply enough proved him wrong. Also yeah it happened with that trick as u say but also worked even without putting your hand next to your head, just a little harder, It interesting however but i personaly dont think that changes something.

It´s not about belief, it´s a fact it works.

It´s the same principle as putting your fingers on the antenna of a radio and get a better reception.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 504 39.0%