Did the TP have better feeling than AC on Steam?

Is it just me or does the new Early Access version of Assetto Corsa have physics which feel much more rigid and stiff than the previous Technology Preview?

I mean, I was completely blown away by the tech preview! It felt so alive the way the car bounced, lurched and behaved, and you could see it all so clearly in the replays. But now on Steam, it feels like much of the bouncing is gone, both from when you are driving and the replays, and because of it, it feels slightly more "dead"...

This is a pet peeve of mine which I know I'm much more sensitive too than many others, so perhaps you will all call me crazy now...

PS. Yes, I have disabled the "lock camera to horizon" option, which completely killed the game when left on default.

Lotus Elise does feel quite different, the steering is much heavier and the rear gets loose very easily. These don't necessarily indicate that the physics (as in the basic physics of the sim) have changed that much, perhaps just the tyre parameters and a little ffb tweaking in the Lotus.

Having said that, I did expect a little bit more from the driving feel. Nevertheless, its by far the best feel of the current sims in my opinion but there is room to improve.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back