Di Resta: 'We will be pushing to stay in front of McLaren'

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Paul di Resta says how Force India are eager to stay ahead of seasoned veterans McLaren, in the constructors standings.

Image: YallaF1

The Silverstone based team made a great start to the season in the Australian Grand Prix, where they scored 10 points. Currently, Force India sits in 5th place, ahead of McLaren 6 points behind.

However, wheel nut issues wrecked the teams chance of a potentially fantastic outcome in the Malaysian Grand Prix. The heat proved too much for the new captive wheel nut design, which forced the team to retire both cars mid-race. Both drivers were in points scoring positions when they were pulled from the race.

The Scot acknowledged that it is early in the season, and that it is hard to start predicting outcomes. He went on to explain "We've proven where we are at the moment, but whether we will be in that position after the next two will be hard."

"I've a lot of respect for what McLaren do. Although they are struggling at the moment, they can develop." He said "We will be pushing to stay in front of them. Our performance so far has been far better than people expected, far better than people could probably overhaul in two weeks."

"The next two races can't really come quick enough," said the Scot. "Despite what happened in Malaysia we took very good positives from the weekend through our performance, so I'm looking forward to China and Bahrain."

"I'd like to think we'd have some more knowledge on our car to make it quicker, although China is a different philosophy compared to what we have experienced so far this season. We had a good car there two years ago, and there is no reason why we can't go there and repeat that."

Looking back to a Bahrain 2012, Paul explained that the race "is probably one of the strongest grands prix we had last year, and with the climate similar there as to Malaysia with the heat, I'm confident."
View the Post on the Blog

Who would have thought that we would see that headline in 2008 where the Mclaren was quickest and Force India was dead last? Formula one has changed so much after the regulation changes in 2009. Who knows what the order will be in 2014..
"Marussia determined to maintain 50 point lead over Red Bull"? ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back