Resource icon

Skins DHD Torro Rosso v1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
<another soap opera here>
ah man, i know your point. indeed 8192 is eating the framerates. indeed 4096 is pushing the PC performance. but you know what? we are talking about PC that have an advantages for handle twice or even thrice the standard resolutions with the lastest hardware, while the (old) consoles can't due to their limited hardware. the games comes with 2048 and low poly model because it's designed for PS3. and they ported it to PC as it is....

imagine if we can't mod this Codies F1 titles since 2010, i bet 2 months after release the game would send to garbage can.

we (skinners) here for simply make the game better than original. with revamped details etc etc. we use PC right here... because that's some of the PC games' advantage is. if you are btching about 8192 is simply overkill, why you don't create/use it then?
your point was/is "there is no point in 8192 skins as they are simply overkill...even 4096 is pushing it" yeeeesss indeed if you talking about old PC or PC with not good enough specs...
if your PC can't handle 8192 you can choose 4096, your PC can't handle both simply use standard 2048. simple isn't it?

you think you get square wheels because of 2048 skins?....
LOL, the epic post i have ever seen. skins is doing nothing with the polygonal tyres. they comes from the low Level of Details.. (yeah blame Codies why they use square tyres for the low details rather than using a low res textures.. oh wait you were talking about it already! you even know about that!)
that's why PC is able to use the highLODs, get rid the lowLOD.
i simply agree with Park.
if you talking about using high res texture for the game for (old)consoles with limited hardware here i get your point. i appreciate your knowledges you have but after with all of your soap opera and disrespectful manners using your "knowledge", i lost my respect to you.
i prefer to just race and 4096 is just about right.
so you even find your solution here, what's your point for moaning here?
dang, you waste my study time man. bye. press disagree if you want. i don't even bothered with that.

Last edited:
ah man, i know your point. indeed 8192 is eating the framerates. indeed 4096 is pushing the PC performance. but you know what? we are talking about PC that have an advantages for handle twice or even thrice the standard resolutions with the lastest hardware, while the (old) consoles can't due to their limited hardware. the games comes with 2048 and low poly model because it's designed for PS3. and they ported it to PC as it is....

imagine if we can't mod this Codies F1 titles since 2010, i bet 2 months after release the game would send to garbage can.

we (skinners) here for simply make the game better than original. with revamped details etc etc. we use PC right here... because that's some of the PC games' advantage is. if you are btching about 8192 is simply overkill, why not you create/use it then?
your point was/is "there is no point in 8192 skins as they are simply overkill...even 4096 is pushing it" yeeeesss indeed if you talking about old PC or PC with not good enough specs...
if your PC can't handle 8192 you can choose 4096, your PC can't handle both simply use standard 2048. simple isn't it?

LOL, the epic post i have ever seen. skins is doing nothing with the polygonal tyres. they comes from the low Level of Details.. (yeah blame Codies why they use square tyres for the low details rather than using a low res textures.. oh wait you were talking about it already! you even know about that!)
that's why PC is able to use the highLODs, get rid the lowLOD.
i simply agree with Park.
if you talking about using high res texture for the game for (old)consoles with limited hardware here i get your point. i appreciate your knowledges you have but after with all of your soap opera and disrespectful manners using your "knowledge", i lost my respect to you.

so you even find your solution here, what's your point for moaning here?
dang, you waste my study time man. bye. press disagree if you want. i don't even bothered with that.

Lol you literally destroyed him with this post, congrats.

well howdy ...how ye all doin`..... put your burger down, now read my comments slowly..sure take a sip of your pepsi..but read carefully....you obviously do not get British humour so missed the `sarcasm` in my square wheels comment...as for the rest...dunno I lost it half way through as it seemed on the border of `babble` (I am sure the rest of the flock read it!)..guess school was not your best friend.

I have no issues what you want to create or what you use...I just stated a fact, 22 cars at pointless textures, plus terain, sky/track/fx`s.....when you game starts to `stutter` because it will on 90% of pc`s, then you know why....the draw rates will get far too much, install fraps and run fps with those resolutions.
I have never owned a console...they are basically `tools for idiots`..push and play........my first edits were with F1c....now RF2...
pssg files interest me, the models within and mapping techniques used....editing a xml or dds file is kinda of crap...but as this game is so poorly put together this kind of editing can clean the surface.....hex editing is more into the core and thats where the secrets lie...

let me recover from being destroyed.
awrn8h.png

vdkevt.jpg

I see the admins are getting busy deleting only `my` replies....despite others saying what they want off topic.....kinda says `agree with many.... as many = hits on ads`...if I agree a cash donation would my words remain?...

Last edited:
well howdy ...how ye all doin`..... put your burger down, now read my comments slowly..sure take a sip of your pepsi..but read carefully....you obviously do not get British humour so missed the `sarcasm` in my square wheels comment...as for the rest...dunno I lost it half way through as it seemed on the border of `babble` (I am sure the rest of the flock read it!)..guess school was not your best friend.

I have no issues what you want to create or what you use...I just stated a fact, 22 cars at pointless textures, plus terain, sky/track/fx`s.....when you game starts to `stutter` because it will on 90% of pc`s, then you know why....the draw rates will get far too much, install fraps and run fps with those resolutions.
I have never owned a console...they are basically `tools for idiots`..push and play........my first edits were with F1c....now RF2...
pssg files interest me, the models within and mapping techniques used....editing a xml or dds file is kinda of crap...but as this game is so poorly put together this kind of editing can clean the surface.....hex editing is more into the core and thats where the secrets lie...

let me recover from being destroyed.
awrn8h.png

of course running 22 cars with all DHD textures sacrifice the framerates greatly. i know that risk.
that's why i stated "choose one depending on your PC capabilites" in most of my resources.

people here love to use DHD because they love to drive their favorite car with good details (including me). when they keep another car in standard or 4K res... i'm aware of that. too

DHD is useless... it's not really useless though. people here love the beautiful and detailed skins. it's what they want. so DHD and HD are the options between performance vs quality. btw who runs all 22 cars with all DHD textures? i never heard of it.
because of your statement "DHD is useless.... blablabla" it's like you don't appreciate most of the modders hard work.

that's my last opinion fella, i know all your points but. you came here, you shared your opinions like you offend them. even out from this topic. please leave a proper feedbacks about what's wrong with the skins for example, rather than stating an unrelated things like that.

well howdy ...how ye all doin`..... put your burger down, now read my comments slowly..sure take a sip of your pepsi..but read carefully.......
Please, stop. The only thing we want from you is, at least, try to be nice and leave some actual feedback for the authors of the mods instead of bashing words, sentences of hatred which doesn't really help anything at all. Great, you have a different opinion of ours. Well congratulations! But as long as it's to express hatred then keep them to yourself. One bad action can result in mixed thoughts from people of you.

When I offer an opinion it is valid.....my comments here were about the use of this kind of texture...most users will load DHD into the game because they not only want detail with the car they use, but also the cars they see...online you do not always get what you wish to drive!...kind of defeats that object with only modding one car with 8192 resolution!

I totally appreciate modders, I have worked with many and it is a good feeling when you agree...`that`s as good as it gets`...but working at these resolutions can be time consuming and the overall benefit is actually a loss because it will directly hit your fps....and we all crave `glitch` free driving....nothing worse than game stutter....it is about `balance`...eye candy is one thing, gameplay is another.

ther comments...the `hass logo`...could be done, albiet with one side reversed.....yet I still said `good job`...!
The williams....boy this lad spent his life on it...I joked about OCD...but again commented on how well he had done....

Maybe ...my comment about ...sheep.....was correct, because I decided not to `nod my head and agree`..the users here went defensive and acted like it was something sacred...its a game!
how many defended my comments.....1 guy did, he had copied a force india and was set upon like he had commited a major fraud!!...the guy he copied it from had copied it from extracting a dds file from copyrighted material!...he then thanked me for support!!!!...does that mean I now have a buddy!!!...
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/force-india-update.95900/page-2#post-1863732

I am not here for any arguements, or act like `mr troll!!`....in my era trolling was dragging a fishing net!..
Plus I certainly do not need friends....so if my opinions `hurt`..then don`t be so sensitive...but it will be factual....

if people want to use silly resolutions....good luck with that....in my opinion 4096 works well as a compromise between eye candy and the ability to run 22 cars very well on 80% of pc`s at 45fps plus...this should be pointed out before users load up with DHD files.
is that so offensive?....

I would certainly vote for some maturity here because I am starting to feel like a teacher at some iffy school...

people here love to use DHD because they love to drive their favorite car with good details (including me). when they keep another car in standard or 4K res... i'm aware of that. too
Exactly what I do Henky, your DHD Sauber is the pinnacle of my gameplay experience, all other (modded) team liveries (including this Torro Rosso livery - well done NobbyMilo!:thumbsup: - have to stay on topic somehow *cough*) I have displayed in SD (apart from one team which I could only choose between DHD or HD) so my PC can keep up with the graphical demand of the HighLOD settings to.

As for Genisis, I'm sorry but I do have to point out that:
I would certainly vote for some maturity here because I am starting to feel like a teacher at some iffy school...
and this:
what a nob.
looks quite hypocritical mate :rolleyes: *facepalm*

looks like his name to me ....nobby!.....so once again, some fact..

Sauber is a good one to choose for DHD, chances are you will get it online as no others will choose it....so glad it reaches your pinnacle!...

w87w2o.png

details tomorrow as its a finished pssg,

Last edited:
looks like his name to me ....nobby!.....
Another obvious point then: I think as you might well know, names in writing are usually starting off capitalized, which you obviously did not in your post. So because you didn't capitalize it it's logical for people to think you mean it differently, the obvious one being the meaning of the (I would say commonly known) English saying, which can be seen as 'calling names' or might even be offensive to some. Which on most forums/message boards is advised against or not tolerated I believe. But if you want to hide behind that you meant it as his name, well OK, be like that.

Sauber is a good one to choose for DHD, chances are you will get it online as no others will choose it....
Haven't played F1 2014 online yet, am not planning to either, gone off that after F1 2012 really and also the database mods I have installed are not compatible for online play either, so I don't bother and have fun with some GP's and a career race every now and then.

As for the WIP pic, like NobbyMilo said, there's a dedicated thread for that and I don't see what place a Mercedes has in a Torro Rosso thread either.

Another obvious point then: I think as you might well know, names in writing are usually starting off capitalized, which you obviously did not in your post. So because you didn't capitalize it it's logical for people to think you mean it differently, the obvious one being the meaning of the (I would say commonly known) English saying, which can be seen as 'calling names' or might even be offensive to some. Which on most forums/message boards is advised against or not tolerated I believe. But if you want to hide behind that you meant it as his name, well OK, be like that.

Haven't played F1 2014 online yet, am not planning to either, gone off that after F1 2012 really and also the database mods I have installed are not compatible for online play either, so I don't bother and have fun with some GP's and a career race every now and then.

As for the WIP pic, like NobbyMilo said, there's a dedicated thread for that and I don't see what place a Mercedes has in a Torro Rosso thread either.

oh dear.... it is also logical to suggest a runnerbean can do the 400m around the track if we interpret that incorrectly...thankfully we now have our online thesaurus and dictionary well done.
Yes you are correct also about the Mercedes...I will follow the advice of Nob -head over to the WIP threads.

now about this Toro Rosso....

Can some moderator @Graham Laing move the whole DHD-is-bollocks vs RD-Community discussion into a separate discussion-thread in the F1 214 - The Game section?
I'm still surprised people read and reply to his bs. Consoles are tools for idiots, he said. Really, there's a rock, now go hide.
I wonder whether someone can teach him how to write so people don't get headache while reading his ... and ... and `...`or to say it in his own words
guess school was not your best friend.

Can some moderator @Graham Laing move the whole DHD-is-bollocks vs RD-Community discussion into a separate discussion-thread in the F1 214 - The Game section?
I'm still surprised people read and reply to his bs. Consoles are tools for idiots, he said. Really, there's a rock, now go hide.
I wonder whether someone can teach him how to write so people don't get headache while reading his ... and ... and `...`or to say it in his own words

what a drama queen....considering you wrote as much rubbish as the rest on this thread....you say `off topic` ...then you pipe up again....what are you, a last word freak?
"I'm still surprised people read and reply to his bs. Consoles are tools for idiots, he said. Really, there's a rock, now go hide"
...would it surprise you to know you just read it, then replied again!!!!
....I am dealing with fools here.

As for comments on trolling...considering I have been a member here since 2010 and considering my comments over the last week have been the only comments I have made here.....yes I am the worst troll ever!....get a life dopey and change the record.

What`s up now Mr thesaurus?.....your making your own conclusions again.
as requested by nob...I am heading to the WIP thread for the release of any files!...is that now a crime?
...have to say I have stood in puddles with more depth than you....crazy.

I wrote above.....`now about this Toro Rosso`, yet some choose to contnue feeding the fire...then complain after!!!!....let it go....enjoy your DHD files.

can't you get the bloody message. NO-ONE LIKES YOU.
You come on here slagging me off for replying to someone that takes what ive done, makes a half-arses job of it and then says based on... the rest is mine. If you actually take a look at his thread halfway down on first page he say sorry won't happen again but on page 2.... new updates.... Jeez some people.

Then you start insulting me by calling me nob-head and insulting other people, acting like an immature child.

You really need to get your head sorted.

And you have been reported.

Oh dear, could you please stop this endless discussion? Everybody got his own taste. Somebody use the HD skin, some one else want some more and use the DHD skin. It's a player decision. I used the DHD skins in the past too but at F1 2014, I switched back to the normal HD ones because it's enough for me. And do I act like a drama queen now? No because for me it's <snip> equal what the other players use. Over and out!

mod edit - snipped

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 91 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 66 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.3%