Development: Toyota AE86 Levin & Trueno WTCC, N1 Club & N2 Club Spec

Status
Not open for further replies.
I added the RPM Tacho yesterday (first time for me on a converted 3D car from another platform) and tweaked a few other things. Will be uploading a new build for the testers. Focus now is on getting the car to perform on par on most tracks with the existing WTCC87 cars... ATM the AE86 kills the others at say Brands Hatch but loses out some what on the faster straighter tracks lap time wise. But tyre wear is something that I'm looking at to add balance.

Good to hear Gunthar. I'm thinking you should probably keep at least a bit of the "better in the corners, slower on the straights" attribute... it would add another dimension to racing with the AE86.

Alrighty, I've tested the car alongside the M3 at Spa 2003 and the Ascari Race Resort. First impressions are good - the AE86 definitely has the edge in the twisty bits, and it's fun exploring how hard I can push it. It's a bit more tail-happy than the other 87 cars, but you can hold it in a slide for quite a while before it gets itself back into line without fuss. It is grippy and very responsive.

However, this being the early beta, there are still a few major issues to be ironed out. At Spa, a track that should really favour the M3 due to the long, fast sections, the AE86 is actually faster (2:30.1 in the AE86 vs. 2:30.6 in the M3 - the latter could be improved slightly). While the physics are heaps of fun, I found that I could take Eau Rouge and Blanchimont flat out - it's hard to believe that the real car would be capable of that, but I haven't found anything in a quick search of the world wide web to show me otherwise. At Ascari, the AE86 simply killed the M3 (2:15 versus 2:17). However, if Yves tests the M3 on these tracks (assuming he is part of the beta team) I'm sure he could better my times... he is the BMW alien after all... :tongue:

Anyway, that's my first impression of the new car. Hope this feedback helps...

However, if Yves tests the M3 on these tracks (assuming he is part of the beta team) I'm sure he could better my times... he is the BMW alien after all... :tongue:

Anyway, that's my first impression of the new car. Hope this feedback helps...

Rhys i'm no alien :eek: and if i would get a better time then you in the M3 i also probably get a better time then you in the Alfa and the toyota as i'm fast with both the WTCC 87 cars but thats a big IF cause i haven,t done any testing :tongue:

I'm fully aware of that Yves - it's just that when I was lapping in the M3 I made some mistakes and was always missing something lap after lap. In terms of driving ability, you are much better than me at stringing laps together... I'll give things another try tomorrow when I'm refreshed.

i tried the car at Spa 03 and did a 2:28:794 with a basic setup and i can assure you that the M3 can't even come close to that time with a basic setup. i was taking Eau rouge full throttle in 5th gear, the third corner at les combe i was taking it in 3rd gear full throttle, the double left hander was taken in 4th gear with just a tap on the brake before entering the corner. like Rhys i was taking Blanchimont in 5th gear pedal to the floor. i think the main difference between the car and the WTCC 87 car is that the toyota have a much better turn in and more front grip and better braking aswell. i also tried the car at Misano, again with a basic setup i was only .700 slower then my best time with the M3 that i made in an event in qualy with a full setup so again the toyota would have been faster then the M3.

I did try to make the best default setup I could (unlike many of the SimBin defaults) but I will look into both the brakes and turn-in. Again, (at work right now) the brakes on the AE86 are weaker that the other two, but being so much lighter will of course pull up quicker. What I may do is redo the tyre, which can easily correct both these issues :)

Again, thanks for the feedback... all good :)

the AE86 is very close to release. Basically I have two things: better cockpit mirror image & performance of the car to be competitive with WTCC87 cars...

new beta build out for testers:

--// Beta v1.08 //--

- Added Toyota AE86 Trueno N1 Club car and physics
- Added Toyota AE86 Trueno N2 Club car and physics
- Added Toyota AE86 Levin N1 Club car and physics
- Added Toyota AE86 Levin N2 Club car and physics
- Added Toyota AE86 Trueno N2 WTCC 87 car and physics
- Redid helmet
- Adjusted break light effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News