Tracks Deutschlandring

I wasn't proposing using any Nazi symbolism :unsure:

But a post earlier suggested that I shouldn't include the Zeppelin as it was designed to celebrate the Third Reich. The point I was making was that the whole track was intended to promote the perceived strength and power of the Nazi Party.

I am not so stupid that I would include swastikas in my textures :O_o: I think I need to take a break for a while... :(

I think when people think at a Zeppelin they don´t associate it with the Third Reich.

We come from the land of the ice and snow from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow...

Me neither.

Would be happy with a 30s version, would be happy with a 60s version personally; the track layout looks superb, loved the video thanks!

I think when people think at a Zeppelin they don´t associate it with the Third Reich.
I think most people just associate it with the Hindenburg. Or Led Zeppelin... specifically the album cover with the Hindenburg.

Hell, these days most people I meet don't even seem to know which countries were heavily involved in the war, let alone anything the party did before the war...

Really think we need to drop this Nazi business now.
At no point has Fat Alfie ever said anything about symbols, so rather him taking a break maybe the 'thought police' should.
I honestly don't know how dedicated and generous modders like him put up with this :poop:.
Think yourselves lucky I don't moderate this thread.

For the record, my "modern sensibilities" comment was directed toward the issue of tobacco sponsorship in motorsport, not the Nazis. The abhorrence of that particular chapter in history should be universal and timeless.

Moving on...

It got sensitive somehow, haven't it ?

Maybe I should scrap my W125 also, it was from nazi period too. Maybe everything associated with 1933-1945 Germany should be scraped, removed, forgotten. And then the world will become a better place lol

Of course not, history must be well known. While symbolism of that period isn't exactly welcomed by everybody, it can just not be used - problem solved.

@Fat-Alfie I think track should be 30s, you have already said that it is half a fantasy track, 50s or 60s probably wouldn't be so much different.

I just want to say I´m from Germany but I am not a Nazi if people might think.

You don't have to defend yourself. If you want this track it doesn't mean that you symphatize to nazis. I like this move a lot, it shows that normal citizens had no chance against the brainwashed regime activists http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0032811/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_73

Let's get back on topic guys, instead of giving more traction to uninformed speculation we should instead be looking forward to a wonderful circuit realised by a passionate modder not debating anything else. I'm both saddened and angered by how what was a great thread with good insight into how a modder goes about his craft is being hijacked. The best way we can show our support for him is by not rising to any more off topic posts.

It's a real challenge (I am not the greatest driver in the world :redface:). It is fantastic, when you manage to do a clean lap. It's quite odd though, because it feels really slow when you are driving, but looks quite fast in the replays.

I try and practice with it a few times a week. It understeers quite badly but I discovered yesterday that if you blip the throttle in the slow corners (going up the tight hairpins, especially) you can flick the back end round, get it straight, and then power out of the corner. Not sure if this is correct technique (probably not :cautious:) but it was great fun :)

I really hope that @mantasisg feels motivated enough to complete this car for AC - there really is nothing else like it :geek: Plus, once you spend half an hour in the W125, the Maserati 250F feels really easy to drive :D

Would have seen light of early release by now probably, but I was foolish enough to start messing with Nemuno Ziedas, I hope to continue on W125 this summer.

I'm trying to get Nemuno Ziedas at least a little bit closer where last beta of Deutschlandring was, but it is not that easy :D It is nowhere there.

Yesterday, had a lot of good time at Thomson Road. Those last century tracks are insane.

You're the man!! :thumbsup:

Glad to hear you haven't scrapped the W125, and also pleased to hear you are still working on NZ. If there is anything I can do to help please, just let me know (it would save me from the hell that is creating textures and maps for the trackside verges :sleep:)

Good to hear you still enjoy TR - I really should sort out those minor fixes and release an update :redface:

I spend too much time racing on it and not enough time working on it :redface:
Yes, this. Wanted to start making cam files last night. Need some replays of different types of cars to check cams. 90 minutes later, dead arms and no cams. Oops. :)
It's great to know I'm not the only one who gets side-tracked... By "Testing" lol
Saw a video somewhere of a 125 driving round the Deutschlandring... looks absolutely amazing... Good luck with it mate :)

I have spent the last few hours trying to get the trackside textures to look better. I hate this job :unsure: I know exactly how I want it to look, but there are so many variables and sub-textures that need to work together in order for the effect to look convincing, I find it so difficult :(

So, I made a start - I made a new diffuse texture for the road, and added a rougher edge than you might find on a current track. I'm pretty happy with it, too. The verges are a fair start, I think. I wanted to get a basic set of detail textures, and a rough mask working first. It's such a long track, with a track edge that seems to vary from lush grass, dirt, forest floor mulch, gravel... I'm pretty sure I am going to need 2 or 3 materials to stop it looking too artificial.

Oh, and I added some chimney smoke to the newly AO-baked Russigmuhle hotel, too. I have used a flag shader with an alpha blend mode, just to give it a slow, subtle movement - quite effective :)

Screenshot_lotus_49_deutschlandring_10-3-117-16-44-26.jpg

Screenshot_lotus_49_deutschlandring_10-3-117-16-49-44.jpg

Screenshot_lotus_49_deutschlandring_10-3-117-16-45-32.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 133 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline