DeTomaso Pantera @ Osterreichring '70 - Thu 9th August 2012

flyergtc76.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: DeTomaso Pantera Factory - (#80, #84)
Track: Oesterreich 1970 ( Download )

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 11 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Qualification start time: GMT 20.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.20 ( 22 laps)

Note 1: Default Skins Only ( Default list ).
Note 2: We will have a short break after Race 1 and then go straight to qually for a longer Race 2.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Knut Omdal Tveito
  2. Rui F. Martins
  3. Warren Dawes
  4. Markus Hakamo
  5. Ross McGregor
  6. Eck Simpson
  7. Tudor Morris
  8. Christopher Vrettos
  9. Hans Sneep
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver

Not a huge fan of the Pantera, but the track was great. Had a nice race with Eck in race 1, but spun on the exit of turn 1 (aka: 'the bum-clencher') and lost touch for the remaining couple of laps.

Race 2 was a bit different as i was able to stretch out a lead once Knut went off. The field was well spread out so i don't think there was too much action going on, but trying to keep the Pantera on the track for 18 laps was a challenge in itself.

Well done Eck, Tudor & Warren for the podiums, and thanks to Knut & RD for setting this up!

I actually enjoyed that. :)
It's been a loooong time since I've driven the Pantera, but it sure is quick and scary at times. This track suited it's long legs but those couple of nasty jumps made things "interesting" :whistling: , both as you exited sweeping turns at very high speed.
Race 1 was great while it lasted. Markus, Chris, Tudor, Knut and I were having a cracker of a close race. Markus decided to spin first, leaving Chris, Tudor, Knut, and I to race lap after lap, nose to tail, often swapping places for much of the race. Very clean racing too, especially considering how treachorous these cars can be if you get it slightly wrong. It was really great fun, but about 75% race distance, it was my turn to stuff up :redface: . The car bounced over that second hump into the long straight, putting the tail slightly off line. I over-corrected by a tiny amount, but this started a huge tank slapper resulting in a massive sideways slide down the straight, but somehow I avoided the fence (and Knut avoided me). The car was very ordinary in the handling for a while after this, so I assume I melted the tyres with the slide. It was a quiet few laps after that to bring it home.
Grats to Eck, Ross, and Tudor.

Race 2, I swapped to the yellow one to be different, but I also jiggled the setup in an attempt to smooth out those nasty bumps. It did help a bit, but was slightly slower overall. At least I could now confidently run more consistent laps. The race quickly became pretty lonely this time as Tudor had left, and Chris and Markus crashed out early. I couldn't match the pace of Ross, Knut, and Eck so just enjoyed myself in the Panty. After about 8 laps, I passed Knut who had obviously crashed in the notorious turn 1. I expected Knut to come roaring past at some point, but he had damaged his car and removed the front splitter, which makes the Panty horrible. So I was able to comfortably remain 3rd to the end.
Grats to Ross and Eck.

Thanks to Knut for the nice car & track combo, good to try the fastest car in GTL occasionally. :thumbsup:
Thanks to all who joined. :cool:

Well, not that great tonight,trying out different setups but most of them are to twisty,until Knut announced his setup,much better thanks, most of the setups to loose in the steering car go's out of centre hard to go sharp in to a corner.

R1 Quali,slip of after the bump an escape out so last place.
Start at the back an try to do the start a bid different,set the car in first gear with no clutch an no throttle ,bud after 3 the car start to roll hit the break then Go! hit the throttle an was
facing the wrong way lol so turn the car around, something easy with this car an start the race,about 10 sec behind the last car in front an slowly start to come closer but every time I was close lost the car an dropped back again so fin .last place.

R2 Q on p6 or 7 ? having a good start this time:) an on my way making less mistakes an passing some guys in trouble bring me to p5 an a bit lonely but the Pantera even it is hard to control give much driving pleasure an great sound so was enjoying my self on a great track !

Thanks Knut great Fun, Grats Eck an Ross an thanks to all for racing !!

ps Gone get a new G27 so have to learn again,but ferry happy !!

this was my first race on gt legends and it went much better than expected. i had done some offline practice before the race and things didn't look fine, i was spinning almost every lap, especially due to the bumps on the track.
on race 1 i was able to avoid major mistakes, although i wasn't able to keep up with the pack, except when they spun or commited any other errors that costed them time, i ended up in 7st (i think).
on race 2 i spinned 2 or 3 times during the race, at lap 2 i passed by a crashed car that seemed to be heavily damaged, i was able to keep in front of him, but unfortunately he dnf'ed, i was lapped by 3 or 4 cars before the end of the race, i did my best to avoid slowing them down, i ended the race in 6th.

Congratulations to the top 3 of both races, and to those who finished.
Thank you for the race and see you guys next time :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back