• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Details Revealed for The Crew 2 at E3 in Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +12,401
    The Crew 2 Announcement.jpg
    Ubisoft have revealed the first trailer and images from the upcoming sequel to The Crew, this time adding multiple forms of racing in an expanded open world American map.

Jumping on the bandwagon of large scale open world driving games monopolised by titles such as Need for Speed in recent years, Ubisoft have revived the popular Crew franchise with a brand new focus for 2018, and learning lessons from the slow starting first game it looks like the developers have gone to great lengths to stretch out both the scale and content found in 2018's follow up release.

Now opening up the driving action to both sea and air, the Crew maintains the premise of high speed racing and stunt driving based around iconic locations in the United States of America. However unlike the previous title, The Crew 2 should make available a considerably expanded gaming experience, complete with cinematic cut scenes and storylines interwoven into the core driving model.

To give you an idea as to what you can expect to find when the title launches next year, check out the visually stunning new cinematic trailer below:

As can be seen from the cinematic trailer released especially for the current E3 Expo in LA, the graphics of the game look likely to be nothing short of exceptional when it comes out on Xbox, PlayStation and PC next year. Don't forget the team still have plenty of development time ahead of them to iron out issue and improve the visual experience, plus the possibility of the game upscaling for the newly announced Xbox One X, so things can only improve from this point on.

To prove that the cinematic trailer isn't just a graphics tease of pre rendered footage not representative of the actual gameplay experience, Ubisoft have gone one further and released a very nice looking video of the open mission sequence from the new game, which you can see below:

According to Ubisoft Community Developer James Rees the new game will feature a variety of different racing styles within the main storyline, however the major focus of the game will be street racing throughout the expansive map laid out by the developers, a move away from the predominantly underground racing scene of the original title. For The Crew 2 the main racing styles will be Street Racing, Pro Racing, Offroad, and Freestyle, all of which have their own “culture, style, set of disciplines, and a place to meet.” Whatever that means...

For gamers wanting to get their hands on the title early, Ubisoft have confirmed a beta testing programme will be taking place and interested parties can register for a place by signing up to the programme HERE.

The Crew 2 is expected to release for Xbox, PlayStation 4 and PC during 2018.

For more news and discussion regarding the new entry to the Crew franchise check out our Other Racing Games sub forum and involve yourself with the community today!

Do you like the look of The Crew 2? Does the new title interest you enough to consider a purchase once it releases next year? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. darkelf1

darkelf1

Ratings:
    +48
    Love this game, and Codemaster should also make Fuel 2...:thumbsup:

3. thatmotorfreak

thatmotorfreak

Ratings:
    +121
    Impressive stuff going on there. Would be a shame if it was...y'know "Online-Only".

• Like Like x 1
  4. Keith Joyce

Keith Joyce
    Stercus accidit Premium

Ratings:
    +581
    Horizon 3.5?

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Strahil Kotlarov

Strahil Kotlarov

Ratings:
    +27
    If it comes to steam with decent wheel support i might pick it up.
    I won't be going anywhere near the cancerous xboner store that i have to manually uninstall and many more build in "applications" trough powershell.

6. Jordan Dion

Jordan Dion

Ratings:
    +11
    Haha I tought the same thing...
    Guys tell me... what is the goal of this game? Never played the crew..

7. PfzFantaribo

PfzFantaribo
    Honestly what are we doing ? Racing or ping-pong ?

Ratings:
    +105
    Winning races, cruising alone or with friends, to collect all the cars (and now boats and planes). The first one was decent on the previous points, I had a lot of fun with a bunch of friends, but the gameplay was kinda meh and the game was kinda buged

8. Jordan Dion

Jordan Dion

Ratings:
    +11

ok thanks for sharing this

9. Icky427

Icky427

Ratings:
    +6
    the way the physics looked (rather lack thereof) i wouldnt even bother. this seems like a no-skill-required point-and-shoot controller racing game like nfs

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. @apocapollo

@apocapollo

Ratings:
    +75
    apparently the game has improved tenfold according to people that have played the demo

it's obviously still not going to be a simulator so if that's a turn off for you then you'll still be able to poo-poo the sequel

but yeah it sounds like the crew 2 is actually maybe pretty fun

• Like Like x 1