• "Bite off more than you can chew and then chew like hell." - Peter Brock
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Thrustmaster 24 Hours of Le Mans (LIVE)
Click the cross to dismiss this video
Dear fan, please make sure to like the video and subscribe to our channel to be eligible to win this round's prize provided by our sponsor.

DESPERATE: clean-re-install-procedure

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally' started by Zaphod Christiani, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Zaphod Christiani

Zaphod Christiani

Ratings:
    +11
    already THX guys for reading this and trying to help me out!

I have a weird problem:
    my co-driver speaks only in Finland (and is quiet in all other available countries).
    it seems that I am the only one having this problem and I can't sort it out.
    bugging me is the fact that Finland works and therefore I can exclude any in-game settings and/or hardware audio related problem!?

so far I tried (for several times and all possible combinations):
    Steam:
    Verify Integrity of Game Cache ...
    Delete Local Content ...
    Local:
    deleting the Folder User/Documents/My Games/Dirt Rally

... and re-installing Dirt Game from scratch!

what I find strange is the fact that after re-installing Dirt Rally, my profile-data and some in-game settings seems to be stored somewhere which don't really allow me that needed clean-re-install-procedure.

finally my question:
    where are this files located that contain my profile and some of the in-game settings data (not the contents of User/Documents/My Games/Dirt Rally) so that I can delete them as well before re-installing Dirt Game?

2. Andrew

Andrew
    I'm not lazy, I'm just very relaxed. Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,698
  3. poet

poet

Ratings:
    +98
    try also c:\program data\Codemasters

I know they keep some of their game files there.
    Other places to look would be for codemasters folders in c:\appdata\local and c:\appdata\roaming - you'd have to show hidden files and folders to see these.

4. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,021
    Maybe it is down to some of you speaker settings, I know @Roy Magnes have talked about the Co-Driver in Finland coming out in another way that in all the other countries.

5. Zaphod Christiani

Zaphod Christiani

Ratings:
    +11
    @Andrew, @poet and @Ole Marius Myrvold ... Thank you so much guys for your help!
    4th but absolut-clean-re-install after a rigorous cleaning of all Codemasters Dirt Rally files thanks to your inputs (just FYI: the Profil remains and must be stored remotely).
    launched Dirt Rally full optimism which unfortunately stalled quickly ... still no co-driver!
    but Ole Marius comment staggered me to have look over the hardware-audio settings ... and after a couple of click's ... all good and the co-driver found his voice again!!! :)
    after all the fiddling to solve this I learned the hard way how important the co-driver's are because it is impossible without them to keep on the road!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,021
    Nice to be able to help :)

• Winner Winner x 1