1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

DESPERATE: clean-re-install-procedure

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally' started by Zaphod Christiani, Oct 27, 2015.

1. already THX guys for reading this and trying to help me out!

I have a weird problem:
    my co-driver speaks only in Finland (and is quiet in all other available countries).
    it seems that I am the only one having this problem and I can't sort it out.
    bugging me is the fact that Finland works and therefore I can exclude any in-game settings and/or hardware audio related problem!?

so far I tried (for several times and all possible combinations):
    Steam:
    Verify Integrity of Game Cache ...
    Delete Local Content ...
    Local:
    deleting the Folder User/Documents/My Games/Dirt Rally

... and re-installing Dirt Game from scratch!

what I find strange is the fact that after re-installing Dirt Rally, my profile-data and some in-game settings seems to be stored somewhere which don't really allow me that needed clean-re-install-procedure.

finally my question:
    where are this files located that contain my profile and some of the in-game settings data (not the contents of User/Documents/My Games/Dirt Rally) so that I can delete them as well before re-installing Dirt Game?

2. Andrew

Andrew
    Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

3. try also c:\program data\Codemasters

I know they keep some of their game files there.
    Other places to look would be for codemasters folders in c:\appdata\local and c:\appdata\roaming - you'd have to show hidden files and folders to see these.

4. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Maybe it is down to some of you speaker settings, I know @Roy Magnes have talked about the Co-Driver in Finland coming out in another way that in all the other countries.

5. @Andrew, @poet and @Ole Marius Myrvold ... Thank you so much guys for your help!
    4th but absolut-clean-re-install after a rigorous cleaning of all Codemasters Dirt Rally files thanks to your inputs (just FYI: the Profil remains and must be stored remotely).
    launched Dirt Rally full optimism which unfortunately stalled quickly ... still no co-driver!
    but Ole Marius comment staggered me to have look over the hardware-audio settings ... and after a couple of click's ... all good and the co-driver found his voice again!!! :)
    after all the fiddling to solve this I learned the hard way how important the co-driver's are because it is impossible without them to keep on the road!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Nice to be able to help :)

• Winner Winner x 1