Design a Track Competition!

Here's my go:
upload_2017-10-24_19-28-46.png

3.86 miles (6.21km). Sector 1 remains the same but the current Turn 7 gets a smoothing on the exit before a long right hander leads into the esses, inspired by Maggots and Becketts. A tight right follows this before DRS Zone 1. The long left hander at the current Turn 14 follows this before a new section where the current Le Mans Complex is. This leads onto DRS Zone 2 before a tightened Canada corner for those late braking moves ends the lap. http://routebuilder.org/2afn

Silverstone got better and better up until 1994. The new layout is horrendous, but that's nothing to do with F1.

Nurburging? Well that is ridiculous.

Spa is as good as ever. Eau rouge has been tamed, but by the cars.

Monza is as good as ever.
I kinda like the new layout for silverstone it is definatley better than the old layout with chicane.

Silverstone got better and better up until 1994. The new layout is horrendous, but that's nothing to do with F1.

Nurburging? Well that is ridiculous.

Spa is as good as ever. Eau rouge has been tamed, but by the cars.

Monza is as good as ever.
Silverstone, whole part when going under the bridge. Nurburgring, first chicane. Spa, bus-stop and the trap's. Monza, trap's. And Hockenheim, dont need to say...

Silverstone, whole part when going under the bridge. Nurburgring, first chicane. Spa, bus-stop and the trap's. Monza, trap's. And Hockenheim, dont need to say...
Hardly dramatic changes ffs.

Silverstone was not changed for F1.

Nurburgring first chicane? Who cares, it hardly changes how dull that track is.

Spa's bus-stop was a better than new turn, which is very slow, but was impossible for overtaking. The new turn aids overtaking.

Sand traps were boring. Most times a car was finished due to an innocuous mistake, at least now they can continue.

Hockenheim I've already said....the new track is better for drivers and spectators. The trip through the forest got boring really quickly. I've never heard a driver saying they preferred the old circuit.

Lots of rhetoric in your post, but not much substance.

The new layout is better for racing. Turns 1-3 are fantastic too. The Loop is about the only naff corner really, but it's not bad.

it not being an F1 circuit is right though, Aintree is placed where it is because of the Wellington Bridge, which is 250m away from the exit of Aintree.

Hardly dramatic changes ffs.

Silverstone was not changed for F1.

Nurburgring first chicane? Who cares, it hardly changes how dull that track is.

Spa's bus-stop was a better than new turn, which is very slow, but was impossible for overtaking. The new turn aids overtaking.

Sand traps were boring. Most times a car was finished due to an innocuous mistake, at least now they can continue.

Hockenheim I've already said....the new track is better for drivers and spectators. The trip through the forest got boring really quickly. I've never heard a driver saying they preferred the old circuit.

Lots of rhetoric in your post, but not much substance.
It would have been easier for you to say that my opinion's are irrelevant! I loved old track's, i liked sandtrap's, i liked Nurburgring's first chicane and the flow of the track, and i loved old Hockenheim and so did many driver's and so on and so on. Sandtrap's are boring... ffs to there... One reason why there are kid's now driving car's that goes around the track by themself's, not much skill needed, just do what ever and keep on going. In the past, first, keep the car on the track and then try to take everything out of it and keep it on the track. Cannot understand how racing went to this, everything have to be so unforgiving... Now when every single track is soon covered with asphalt only, why we need practise, only for testing how much you can break track-limits? In the past, asphalt, curb, grass, sand, in that order did have some meaning. Push, push harder, a bit more... Your out! Now, asphalt, white line, asphalt. Push, or do i even have courage to push over white line? Oh yes! Most of the car out of the track and i'm still going like a hero, look mom! Even in the past the big guy's wast able to drive the car out of the track full speed and just come back like ME! And they even broke their car's or get stuck etc. what a useless pussye's they were...

This is the worst competition in racedepartment history. Guess the driver was bad, but this is pure <snip>Swearing Removed<snip>

Shouldn't they be doing some actual work? Maybe reviewing some titles?

Here's some ideas:
- The new American head of F1 and his effect under Trump's "America First" policy
- Piracy, who is to blame, who will get blamed and how safe are we?
- The future of sim racing, is it VR? What about casual gamers?
- The rise of electric cars, how will motor racing look in 10 years' time?
- etc
- etc

Mod Edit: Keep a civil tongue if you want your comment to be treated seriously, instead of inflammatory trolling.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the worst competition in racedepartment history.
4 pages of people actively enjoying the game and playing along without complaining shows that you're wrong. As stated well before, if you don't like it, don't click it and don't go out of your way to ruin the fun for other people because your mind isn't open to other things.

4 pages of people actively enjoying the game and playing along without complaining shows that you're wrong. As stated well before, if you don't like it, don't click it and don't go out of your way to ruin the fun for other people because your mind isn't open to other things.
It's lazy journalism. I don't click on to this website for some trivial pointless quiz. Get the finger out, start writing about actual race sim news, rather than this clickbait nonsense.

I'm paying for this, I expect some decent output and information, not timewasting padding.

Mod Edit: More sweary nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's lazy journalism. I don't click on to this website for some trivial pointless quiz. Get the finger out, start writing about actual race sim news, rather than this clickbait nonsense.

I'm paying for this, I expect some decent output and information, not bullshit timewasting padding.
It's not journalism, it's community engagement. RaceDepartment is a website where users come for Information, Racing and sometimes Fun. I'm sorry that I seem to have triggered a member of the fun police, but as I keep saying, if you don't like it, don't click it. If you're having to resort to swearing to get across your frankly weak point, then my friend, you have lost.

I'm paying for this, I expect some decent output and information, not bullshit timewasting padding.
Good grief. Simply ignore the stuff you see as clickbait. How hard is that? One article style does not suit all members of this site. Are you genuinely unable to recognise that other posters to this thread ARE seeing some value in it?
And if by reminding people that you're paying for it, you're hoping to start a whip-round to pay you enough to stop posting trollish nonsense, them hmmm you might be on to something there :thumbsup:

The new American head of F1 and his effect under Trump's "America First" policy
I'm not sure Chase Carey is that stupid.
Piracy, who is to blame, who will get blamed and how safe are we?
Piracy started before you were born. Everyone is to blame, no one will get blamed. You are safe unless you stole something.
The future of sim racing, is it VR? What about casual gamers?
Try this link: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/vr-and-sim-racing-a-guide-to-setting-up.131806/
The rise of electric cars, how will motor racing look in 10 years' time?
Try this link: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/have-your-say-is-the-future-electric.138886/

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 103 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 79 9.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 54 6.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 110 13.4%