Design a NASCAR Paint Scheme! rF2 Competition

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rf2logo.png

Image Space Incorporated yesterday announced its sponsorship of the No. 32 Ford Fusion driven by Joey Gase for the Quicken Loans Race for Heroes 500(k) NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Phoenix International Raceway on Nov 15th.

rFactor 2 and Go Green Racing will let fans and rFactor 2 users design the paint scheme for the car Joey will use at Phoenix on November 15th!!

jg 32.jpg

All you have to do is design the paint scheme by the rules below, take a screen shot of the rFactor 2 stock car in the rFactor 2 software, and submit your template and screenshot to joeygasepr@gmail.com. The winner will receive 2 HOT PASSES to the Quicken Loans Race for Heroes 500(k)!
  • All entries must be submitted by Oct 28th
  • U.S. drivers license required. Travel and accommodation not included.
  • Must have the rFactor 2 logo on the hood, along with “rFactor.net” text
  • Donate Life Arizona logo on the bumper (available on the ISI site)
  • The color scheme must consist of orange, white, black, and grey (matching rFactor 2 logo where possible)
Tim Wheatley, vice president of commercial licensing for ISI had the following to say of yesterdays announcement. "NASCAR is a true commercial marketplace "What better way to announce your racing simulation as being available for licensing to sponsors, race tracks and businesses, than to expose yourself to them directly. Whether they are looking to setup a ‘pay to play’ arcade machine in their restaurants, or attract people to their stand at a trade show, we have software that can be tailored to suit.”

Available to retail customers at the rFactor.net Web site, rFactor 2 is a racing simulation for PC that creates a truly dynamic racing environment for the first time. This puts you, the driver, into a true simulation of racing, instead of just an advanced physics demo; Changing track grip, tires, weather and lighting make rFactor 2 a true challenge to any sim racer.

rFactor 2 are teaming up with Joey and Go Green Racing not just to promote their new simulation, but to also help promote something that is very close to Joey’s heart; organ, eye, and tissue donation. The No. 32 rFactor 2 car will also be sporting the Donate Life Arizona logo on the bumper.

For all you painters out there this is an opportunity not to be missed!

Good for ISI to be doing this as we have many talented livery painters out there. However there is no way they will look as good as liveries in games with more advanced graphics engines. Not a cut down just a fact.

Has nothing to do with the art work but the capabilities of the games base graphic engine and built in effects and rF2 is a bit outdated while still very functional. Maybe it's the reflection features, Lighting, Shadow effects, and shader levels of other titles that bring out the best in the artwork?

I for one look forward to what the community does because it will most surly be better then the standard liveries inserted by ISI. They have gotten better but compared to pCARS they are not to that level yet.

Good for ISI to be doing this as we have many talented livery painters out there. However there is no way they will look as good as liveries in games with more advanced graphics engines. Not a cut down just a fact.

Says you ?

Put some glasses on, many hi quality rF2 screenshots and skins about and equally terrible ones in other sims.

What is your point.

Says you ?

Put some glasses on, many hi quality rF2 screenshots and skins about and equally terrible ones in other sims.

What is your point.

What's yours?

Like I said I think it's great for ISI to have this contest because while ISI has gotten better with their own liveries the communities just seem to create better livery content. Then the community is proud to display their work within the different sims and there are titles that showcase their work a bit better then rF2 can it's a fact. For me I can say that I have hopes that the same livery creators that their work is showcased in pCARS will get involved with this contest as well because IMO they are some of the best artists in the industry at any level just my opinion. I also broke down and gave you the common respect to answer your question calmly and civilly without insult.

Last edited:
Mine ?

Hypothetical if the same thread pertained to say AC I could go say.........

"Good for Kunos to be doing this as we have many talented livery painters out there.
However there is no way they will drive as good as a more advanced physics engine.
Not a cut down just a fact "

What would be the point :)

Maybe my post was a biased compliment as a compliment was the intent maybe a back handed one though as I look at it more. However I do not run across many rF2 custom liveries offered(though I don't religiously search for them) and maybe that's because the livery artists would rather do them for the games with more advanced graphics. I merely am just looking for the facts of the matter that is all

Also some people may see my words as a I'll show you inspirational motivator.

• Deleted member 130869

Holy sh*t, looks awesome in your screenshot :confused:. I just made it last night and got a screenie from the showroom to submit it, just before bed.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back