1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Plugins Delta Best time plugin for rFactor 2 23

Displays realtime delta against your best lap time of the session

1. Cosimo

Cosimo
    Premium Member

Cosimo Streppone submitted a new resource:

Delta Best time plugin for rFactor 2 - Displays realtime delta against your best lap time of the session

Read more about this resource...

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

I am unable to make this work. Is there a trick I am missing? I placed the files in the plugin folder and... nothing happens in game.

3. The plugin stays invisible until you've done at least one timed lap. So after your outlap and 1st full lap you should see the delta display on your screen.

4. Cosimo

Cosimo
    Premium Member

What Frank said is correct. A few more questions to understand better:

• do you see the initial message (in the chat space) that says "Delta Best plugin v16/Sebring" enabled? If you don't, the plugin is not being loaded. If you do, then everything should just work fine.
    • Assuming you don't see that message then. What build do you have? Is it 798 or newer? Are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit executables?
    Just in case, the zip file comes with a comprehensive README file. If you read it, you will see that you need to copy "DeltaBest_x64.dll" and "DeltaBestBackground.png" into your "C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Bin64\Plugins\".

If you are still using a 32 bit build of rFactor 2, then you need to copy "DeltaBest.dll" and "DeltaBestBackground.png" into "C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Bin32\Plugins\".

Good luck! :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cosimo

Cosimo
    Premium Member

Cosimo updated Delta Best time plugin for rFactor 2 with a new update entry:

Delta Best plugin updated to version 18/Targa

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. Steve Bird

Steve Bird
    Racing Since 1978 Premium Member

Is there any way to change the large font to a smaller one at all?

7. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein
    TXL Racing Premium Member

If I am not mistaken you can change font type and size with the config.ini provided together with the plugin. It is all in the readme.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Cosimo

Cosimo
    Premium Member

Correct!

9. Steve Bird

Steve Bird
    Racing Since 1978 Premium Member

Thanks guys.

10. Cosimo

Cosimo
    Premium Member

11. elpolan

elpolan
    Premium Member

I wonder if this plugin work on Stock Car Extreme and the new versión Automobilista.

it´s possible?

12. possi75

possi75
    Premium Member

For AMS you don't need it because is already on the def hud. For GSCE you need the RF1 plugin if exist. RF1 and RF2 use different plugin system.

13. elpolan

elpolan
    Premium Member

Thanks, but i like your style. Now I find out the editor for de DynHud

14. Hi, I am using v20, and it works but I have a couple of small issues. in a practice session if there is an AI car coming from behind, blue flags don't show. And the other issue is that if I crash and esc to garage then start again from the pit lane the delta behaves crazy until I do a lap. The bar and numbers jumps up and down erratically from 0 to - or + 10.

15. Blue flags work when I am using Delta Best. You may be thinking that blue flags in Practice work the same as in Race? Or maybe the person behind you isn't "ahead of you" and deserving of a blue flag?

The scrambling is a very temporary problem that is cured by doing a lap. The amount of effort to fix that would likely be tremendous, or it may not even be possible as a plug-in. ISI might have to fix the data feed that Delta Best is accessing.

16. Cosimo

Cosimo
    Premium Member

Are you sure about this?
    Never heard of not working blue flags before.
    In fact, they have always worked fine for me when I used the plugin.

I know about that problem, but have no idea about the cause.
    The plan is to have a look at it during the next few weeks.

17. Cosimo

Cosimo
    Premium Member

Not sure about that. Could be on the plugin code.

18. usefull plug in, big thanks

19. Cosimo

Cosimo
    Premium Member

Cosimo updated Delta Best time plugin for rFactor 2 with a new update entry:

Version 23 released

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Love Love x 1
  20. Couldn't make it work =(
    Followed the .txt and values seem to be normal in .ini
    Never got the message saying the plugin was running though...