Resource icon

Plugins Delta Best time plugin for rFactor 2 25

Login or Register an account to download this content

Cosimo

Premium
Cosimo Streppone submitted a new resource:

Delta Best time plugin for rFactor 2 - Displays realtime delta against your best lap time of the session

Hi,

I made this plugin to emulate the delta split feature of iRacing. It displays a realtime delta against your best lap time of the session.

Here's a demo of (an old version of) the plugin in action:

The current version is v16, the functionality is all there, and I am basically satisfied with what I have achieved. I have planned another small upgrade, but I'm not sure if I'll ever get around to it. We'll see :)

Here's the original thread from ISI...

Read more about this resource...

I am unable to make this work. Is there a trick I am missing? I placed the files in the plugin folder and... nothing happens in game.
The plugin stays invisible until you've done at least one timed lap. So after your outlap and 1st full lap you should see the delta display on your screen.

I am unable to make this work. Is there a trick I am missing? I placed the files in the plugin folder and... nothing happens in game.

What Frank said is correct. A few more questions to understand better:

• do you see the initial message (in the chat space) that says "Delta Best plugin v16/Sebring" enabled? If you don't, the plugin is not being loaded. If you do, then everything should just work fine.
  • Assuming you don't see that message then. What build do you have? Is it 798 or newer? Are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit executables?
Just in case, the zip file comes with a comprehensive README file. If you read it, you will see that you need to copy "DeltaBest_x64.dll" and "DeltaBestBackground.png" into your "C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Bin64\Plugins\".

If you are still using a 32 bit build of rFactor 2, then you need to copy "DeltaBest.dll" and "DeltaBestBackground.png" into "C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Bin32\Plugins\".

Good luck! :)

Cosimo updated Delta Best time plugin for rFactor 2 with a new update entry:

Delta Best plugin updated to version 18/Targa

• Best laps are now saved persistently to disk into the "rFactor2\Userdata\player\Settings\DeltaBest" folder. The format is "<TrackName>_<CarClass>.lap". For now this feature can not be disabled, but read the ResetKey entry below.
  • Delta Best should now work fine and not crash with the Targa Florio track. Previously there was a hard limit of 50km long tracks.
  • Delta time is now displayed beyond the session end time. This typically impacted qualify sessions. When the session timer...

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Deleted member 166348

Hi, I am using v20, and it works but I have a couple of small issues. in a practice session if there is an AI car coming from behind, blue flags don't show. And the other issue is that if I crash and esc to garage then start again from the pit lane the delta behaves crazy until I do a lap. The bar and numbers jumps up and down erratically from 0 to - or + 10.

Blue flags work when I am using Delta Best. You may be thinking that blue flags in Practice work the same as in Race? Or maybe the person behind you isn't "ahead of you" and deserving of a blue flag?

The scrambling is a very temporary problem that is cured by doing a lap. The amount of effort to fix that would likely be tremendous, or it may not even be possible as a plug-in. ISI might have to fix the data feed that Delta Best is accessing.

Hi, I am using v20, and it works but I have a couple of small issues. in a practice session if there is an AI car coming from behind, blue flags don't show.

Are you sure about this?
Never heard of not working blue flags before.
In fact, they have always worked fine for me when I used the plugin.

And the other issue is that if I crash and esc to garage then start again from the pit lane the delta behaves crazy until I do a lap. The bar and numbers jumps up and down erratically from 0 to - or + 10.

I know about that problem, but have no idea about the cause.
The plan is to have a look at it during the next few weeks.

Cosimo updated Delta Best time plugin for rFactor 2 with a new update entry:

Version 23 released

List of changes for v23/Anderstorp

(v21 and v22 were just test versions with limited distribution)

• Fixed a few logic mistakes in how the best lap is saved. Now the best lap time should be saved more accurately.
  • Added a chat message when a best lap is restored from file, so you will know what is your best time in the same car/track combination.
  • Changed how the Delta info is shown. Now it's never shown when the player is in the pits, and should be there from the first...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back