1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Deliberate Crashing during races

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Roger Guy, Jun 16, 2016.

1. PLEASE can someone do something to stop people who are joining sessions with the sole intention of ruining races by driving the wrong way and deliberately crashing into other drivers.
    Four races driven tonight and EACH one ruined by these people. Unless someone at RRE takes notice of drivers being reported and removes them, then the game will become pointless.

There is far too much of this.

2. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs
    Premium Member

Best suggestion mate is to join up to the Racedepartment club races organised by @Kenny Paton you won't see any of that and will get to race with a bunch of top notch people who are all good value.

If you've never joined up before they also offer freemium membership to try before going premium.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    Touring car fanatic Premium Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium Member

Agree with above, it happens in all sims that have open servers. The only route is managed races by clubs ect, although wrecking is encouraged at Wreckfest :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thanks Guys

I'll look into it. I don't know how to join clubs but will look a little more closely at it and thanks for the tips.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  6. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. xnorb

xnorb
    Premium Member

There are actually ways to shut this down.
    iRacing is showing how it's done, i have absolutely no idea why not every studio puts something like a safety rating in their sim. Crashers can have fun with other crashers and clean racers get to enjoy clean races.

8. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    Touring car fanatic Premium Member

[QUOTE="xnorb, post: 2263124, member:

The sector3 devs posted a while back that they have been running a program in the back ground to track race results, crashes, rage quits etc. To help group the multiplayer better....when they plan to fully implement this data I have no idea.
    An to be honest the key to iracing cleaner racing isn't due to there ranking system alone, to me it's there insane pricing....what kiddie crasher is gonna pay Hundreds of dollars on content just to crash people?
    Hence why the rookie class which is for the most part free for 3 months is a wreck fest, those that wanna race pay the price and move up the classes the crashers get weeded out :)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. xnorb

xnorb
    Premium Member

A paywall you don't need, it's not the key to clean racing, it's just iRacing's business model.

* Have everybody start in low powered cars (which already helps a huge amount to avoid crashfests)
    * Have people drive for their safety rating and open access to more powerful cars only with higher safety rating

People would still be able of course to drive whatever car they want in private races, but official servers would stick to a strict safety rating code. You can't keep a Mini on track without wrecking everybody? Well, then there's no chance we will let you take seat in an F1 car.

This also adds an RPG layer to racing (just like iRacing does) which pushes people to get better and faster all the time.

10. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs
    Premium Member

Funny story, had a nightmare last night half the field in one of our club races decided since they couldn't win they would start driving the track backwards!!!! Was definitely not cool lol I may have issues ........ :D

• Haha Haha x 3
  11. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

The best nightmare i have ever heard. I wish my nightmares were also that much lively. :D

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1