1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

deleting catchup file

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Steve Stoop, Nov 8, 2010.

1. So I deleted the catchup file and liked how things were going. It seems without the file you won't get ai posting crazy laptimes as soon as they're close to you. I actually could create gaps with ai, and when I was overtaken they didn't run off into the sunset instantly. Tbh I have no idea what the file actually does, but ai in race seemed a lot more...natural.

Sadly, deleting the file seems to make me unable to save any progress :( .
    Anyone found a solution to this? thx

PS. I have backups but would really like to keep playing without the damned file.
  2. I've read, don't know if it was here, that changing the difficulty to Legendary achives the same thing, as the catchup file just changes when the AI can use 100% engine power...is this an old wives tale?
  3. mmh i've been using legend ai all along, but like I said, I don't really know what that file does, i'm not well versed enough to understand that code :p
    All I can say is I did see a difference in ai behavior without the file, then again that's all subjective ofc
  4. You can save with a deleted catchup.xml when you replace the file f1 2010\system\flow.bin with the pre-patch version. But you can't play online then.