1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Let's Play: F1 2017 The Game
Click the cross to dismiss this video
Join the conversation on Youtube by clicking here

deleting catchup file

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Steve Stoop, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Steve Stoop

Steve Stoop

Ratings:
    +0
    So I deleted the catchup file and liked how things were going. It seems without the file you won't get ai posting crazy laptimes as soon as they're close to you. I actually could create gaps with ai, and when I was overtaken they didn't run off into the sunset instantly. Tbh I have no idea what the file actually does, but ai in race seemed a lot more...natural.

Sadly, deleting the file seems to make me unable to save any progress :( .
    Anyone found a solution to this? thx

PS. I have backups but would really like to keep playing without the damned file.

2. Jack Curzon

Jack Curzon

Ratings:
    +0
    I've read, don't know if it was here, that changing the difficulty to Legendary achives the same thing, as the catchup file just changes when the AI can use 100% engine power...is this an old wives tale?

3. Steve Stoop

Steve Stoop

Ratings:
    +0
    mmh i've been using legend ai all along, but like I said, I don't really know what that file does, i'm not well versed enough to understand that code :p
    All I can say is I did see a difference in ai behavior without the file, then again that's all subjective ofc

4. tappex

tappex

Ratings:
    +0
    You can save with a deleted catchup.xml when you replace the file f1 2010\system\flow.bin with the pre-patch version. But you can't play online then.