GT5 Delayed again....

Gran Turismo 5 Delayed Until “This Holiday Season”

Via the official PlayStation US Blog:

We can confirm that Gran Turismo 5 will not be available this November 2nd, but the game’s release will be coming this holiday season.

We sincerely apologize to GT fans for the delay, however, creator Kazunori Yamauchi and the team at Polyphony Digital want to make certain they are creating the perfect racing experience, and we are confident that this ambitious game will exceed expectations when it launches.

Expect this delay to apply to all regions around the world – I will update this post as other official sources continue to update for Europe, Asia, and Australia/NZ.

Haven't you even thought about how an F1 car would look without rules? I sure did, and with Adrian Newey helping to design it, I guess this is the closest to realising that dream.

Trust me, GT5 Prologue and the GT Academy "demo" both felt amazing, and I would say they are not worse than Race, GTRE, rF, LFS, netkar or iRacing....

I wonder if the human body could hold up to the g's that this car would produce in a race, and what if they crash at that speed it would be horendous. Then there heat exhaustion with a closed cockpit, look at the peugoet lms car, biggest drawback to the design depending of what time of year raced. Will they be able to have tyres to work at that speed. Thats were i have the problem with a computer designed cars,and weve seen how the upgrades devoloped for a f1 car this season on a pc then a wind tunnel dont work when on a actual track so the figures that are on the spec are only figures.. alot of thing would change if it was produced for real. It does look impresive but its only a mythical car with figures to match. im more excited about the other things in gt5 as they are taken from excisting cars on the road or track. I will proberly end up getting a playstation and the game as i do like race games...

See I dont buy this X1, it doesn't make sense to me.

Weighs less than an F1 car yet has these factors that would make it heavier.

Closed top, closed off wheels, 1480bhp engine, all of which would increase the weight by a fair bit. Secondly the closed wheels would cause issues with overheating tyres and brakes, since they would not be getting the same cooling from air blowing over them, at the same time this is a car that is going to demand even more from the tyres and brakes than an F1 car.

Lets be honest, the car is a fairytale and would never work in the real world, cool for a game no doubt but i hope they restrict its use, a big problem with the old games was the ability to easily win a formula 1 car and then decimate the rest of the game by being able to use it in most of the races/championships. Of course you didnt have to use it, but if the option is there it devalues any challenge from completing the game.

GT2 had power restrictions on certain races that helped balance things out, though alot of the game was still too easy. Silly things like entering a Mazda MX-5 cup, with your 350bhp racing tuned car against a bunch of 128bhp road cars. Not always the case but its something i hope they improve for this game, to give the career mode a bit of challenge. My favourite part about GT4 apart from time trials with all my cars, was the driving challenges, which were very challenging and fun.

Anyway, here's hoping GT5 is out soon, i cant wait! :).

Well, the weight and power dont seem impossible to me, there are no safety regulations, so the body could just aswell be paper ;) And the fan car in the 70's wasnt that much heavier too.

And the F1 cars with a turbo made 1400+ bhp in quali trim, I am sure they (or we) have advanced enough to do that in race conditions as well. Just look at the engines in the past few years, we lost almost 300 bhp when we went to V8s, but now we have recovered almost 200 with the same V8s...

I think the brake cooling can be even more efficient, as you can have a vacuum-like effect.

I dont know much about tires, so I cannot make a good guess on how it works, but who knows :p

The driver must be wearing a special suit to handle the Gforces I guess, and crashing in it will be lethal!

I'm actually glad for this delay, with Black Ops coming out on the 9th, and I have exams at the end of November, this will come out at a good time for me but for everyone else I'm sure it's frustrating!!

The X1 Looks amazing, if you don't want to drive it because it's unrealistic then don't drive it, but for sure it will be a great addition to the game, I heard the game would be realeased 2nd week of December, pretty good thinking by Sony for Christmas sales just annoying for all the GT5 fans having their expectations smashed yet again!

pmJEf.gif
:)

first release date was 2 november 2010, so this is their first delay, officially, of GT5.
It's not because alot of magazines and shops gambled the moment Forza 3 came out, that GT5 will come out too, that was everything but an official release date...

Just found out its been delayed today, thought it would be out by Friday. Hopefully it will be worth the wait and will be the greatest game ever. I like the X1, at least its designed by real world designers as a what if, the material technology might not be there but so long as the car isn't defying the laws of physics then I'm all for it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back