GT5 Delayed again....

Gran Turismo 5 Delayed Until “This Holiday Season”

Via the official PlayStation US Blog:

We can confirm that Gran Turismo 5 will not be available this November 2nd, but the game’s release will be coming this holiday season.

We sincerely apologize to GT fans for the delay, however, creator Kazunori Yamauchi and the team at Polyphony Digital want to make certain they are creating the perfect racing experience, and we are confident that this ambitious game will exceed expectations when it launches.

Expect this delay to apply to all regions around the world – I will update this post as other official sources continue to update for Europe, Asia, and Australia/NZ.

Money grabbing i suspect, and fair play really. Why aim for a portion of people purchasing when you can make the hype surround it right befor christmas and possibly double your sales.
Either that or they don't want to risk losing sales to kinect which is released early november...... I think.

I think you may be right Ivo about it being logistics, if its just a matter of timing then its a poor show by Sony as the only other AAA release that month is Call of Duty. I don't see why they would delay the release for sales reason's as it will sell in the millions no matter what time of year they sell it but November is close enough to the all important holiday season anyway. The delay so close to the announced release date is crazy. As for Polyphony's release schedule - GT4 was released in late December 2004 with Forza Motorsport following six months later so the two they have released since then Polyphony has also released Tourist Trophy, GT5 Prologue and GT PSP so its not as if all their time has been spent solely working on GT5. I hope that the 'before Christmas' date holds, judging by how good GT5 Prologue was I think GT5 will be well worth the wait but we shall have to wait and see.

Also in F1's defence, i know someone who is close friends with senior producer of F1 2010, Paul Jeal.
Apparently the development team were pushing Codies big wigs right upto the release of F1 2010 to delay but the consensus from Codies was, "we can't let the fans down, there expecting the game on 24th september."

That said i hope the delay will give you GT gamers a game worth waiting for, it's been to long for me now and ive not been looking forward to it, lol.

maybe it has something to do with Forza Ultimate Collection being released at teh end of October and Polyphony not wanting the release of that package to interfere with the release of GT5?! or maybe they're afraid of CoD Black Ops?

This is what's on GTPlanet:

3 days late..:

GT5 Missed Production Window by Only 3 Days, Sony Determines New Dates
Gran Turismo 5 Polyphony Digital October 14th, 2010 by Jordan

A GameReactor associate in Tokyo, Gregor Wildermann, has reportedly made contact with Polyphony Digital and Kazunori Yamauchi for further clarification on Gran Turismo 5’s production status:

[Kazunori Yamauchi's] reply was that the game was only three days late from their side, and that Sony has to decide what that means for the release.

This aligns with the other information I’ve received about review copies and release windows, and further suggests that GT5’s ultimate new release date will be determined by Blu-Ray production schedules – not software development.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gt5-missed-production-window-by-only-3-days-sony-determines-new-dates/

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back