• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Misc Delay retirement of damaged cars after collision

Discussion in 'F1 2012 Mods' started by Phoenixsing, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Phoenixsing

Phoenixsing

Ratings:
    +17
    Work in progress: Moving damaged car to the pit.

Rosberg was struggling with a damaged rear wheel. Unfortunately he did not pit.

2. driveroz247

driveroz247

Ratings:
    +177
    So if he did not pit, where did he go? Did he just park the car in run-off area or on the side of the track? Or did he continue driving with that puncture for the whole race?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Phoenixsing

Phoenixsing

Ratings:
    +17
    Maldonado driving with a blown engine and a missing rear wheel. He just kept going without pit stop same as previous.

4. remydeleeuw

remydeleeuw

Ratings:
    +303
    So totally useless to make it more real. ;)

5. saschaXD

saschaXD

Ratings:
    +0
    will the safetycar comes not out if i edit the rows in the ai_driver_config?

6. remydeleeuw

remydeleeuw

Ratings:
    +303
    With this mod the safety car won't come out because the damaged cars will stay driving around.
    And when they stop and try to retire they can't because of this mod so the safety car will come out but this wil end in a loop because the damaged cars will stay on track till the end of the race

7. Phoenixsing

Phoenixsing

Ratings:
    +17
    More or less confirmed that the game is programmed to pit the car for changing of tyres and front wings only. The damaged cars refused to pit even if you push them into the pit lane. I will just mod for fun henceforth.

8. Phoenixsing

Phoenixsing

Ratings:
    +17
    Accident in the pit lane.

9. Phoenixsing

Phoenixsing

Ratings:
    +17
    I have found a better way to keep the retired cars from disappearing.
    Some seriously damaged or stuck cars will be retired but will still be seen in the race until the end or restart of the race. Safety car and red flag are activated as per standard.

I will post the details of the mod if there are 10 or more members showing interest and post here requesting it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Peppi

Peppi

Ratings:
    +103
    I hereby would like to express my interest ^ ^

11. BlazingRiCO

BlazingRiCO

Ratings:
    +133
    I'm also interested :) 8 more !

12. REGiSTERED

REGiSTERED

Ratings:
    +54
    i'm also interested and thanks for your work... Thumbs up for Phoenixsing :thumbsup:

13. snthennumbers

snthennumbers

Ratings:
    +260
    I'm interested, but why not just share it with everyone rather than requiring a certain number of people show interest?

14. remydeleeuw

remydeleeuw

Ratings:
    +303
    Yup interested

15. Phoenixsing

Phoenixsing

Ratings:
    +17
    Thanks to those indicating their interest. I have decided not to post the mod as there may be possible infringement of copyrights. I will post a video instead. Looking forward to F1 2013 game. Cheers !

16. Phoenixsing

Phoenixsing

Ratings:
    +17
    Video showing safety car operation with retired cars.

17. Peppi

Peppi

Ratings:
    +103
    löl

18. Phoenixsing

Phoenixsing

Ratings:
    +17
    As some have requested for the mod, I have looked into ways not to touch the main programme. There are some limitations by doing so. Nevertheless, I will post the details of the mod once I have finished testing.

19. Phoenixsing

Phoenixsing

Ratings:
    +17
    Here is the mod which prevents retired cars from disappearing and keeps the activation of safety car and red flag.

It is by no way perfect but is better than the previous one. If you have changed the line <BehaviourRetire bool="true" /> in ai_driver_config.xml to false, you need to change it back.

In this mod, cars with puntured tyres or damaged front wings will pit for replacement. Cars with other damages but still movable will go off the track and retire. Cars with missing wheels will retire on the spot. These retired cars can be seen until the end of the race or red flag restart.

Retired cars on the track may cause pile-up especially for Monte Carlo. To solve this type of problem, codemasters make them disappear fast.

I have tested the mod in Quick race but guess it is ok for Career Mode. Nevertheless it is always prudent to make backup.

1) Essential changes:

a) In the file ai_choreographer.xml, add remove_unsafe_retires="false" as shown:

<set>
    <discipline name="race" />
    <manager enable="true" remove_unsafe_retires="false" race_start_race_only="true" race_start_distance_1="100" race_start_distance_2="115" race_start_distance_3="10" race_start_distance_4="10" race_start_factor_1="0.01" race_start_factor_2="0.0" race_start_factor_3="0.02" race_start_factor_4="0.02" race_start_factor_5="0.5" race_start_all_1="true" enable_offline="false" min_distance_offline="0.25" max_distance_offline="4.0" max_assist_inside="0.1" max_assist_outside="0.2" min_curve_offline="0.001" />

b) As the retired car/s that trigger/s safety car incident remain in the circuit, safety car may be activated repeatedly until the max no. of incidents allowed in the database.bin is reached. Hence it is necessary to change the values of max_safety_car of track_model to 1 if you don't want repeated activation. Interestingly, safety car incident triggered in the first 3 laps will be kiv and executed after the 3rd lap.

2) Optional changes to minimise the numbers of retired cars and pile-up:

Suggested values in ai_driver_config.xml. You can make changes that suit you.

<scMaxSpeedThroughIncidentZone float="100.0" /> to give sc more power to squeeze thru pile-up

<rtStuckTime float="7200.0" /> give max time for undamaged stuck cars, hopefully more will be recovered

<rtModerateDamageThreshold float="1.0" /> reduce effect of damage

<rtStoppedSpeed float="0.1" /> lower the limit of damaged car speed before it retires. Interestingly a value of 0 will have the same effect of <BehaviourRetire bool="false" and cars would not retire.

<rcRecoveryTimeOut float="7200.0" /> give max time for cars to recover

<rcThresholdSteeringForceToMove float="0.01" /> less force required to move the steering and helps recovering. 0 value is accepted.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Michael Sandee

Michael Sandee

Ratings:
    +16
    Thanks for this bro

I was kinda skeptic about it but this is what happened to me in Japan and this never happened before.
    All the credit to you.

[​IMG]