F1 2013 Dedicated Servers for PC

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
I think this is the third year in a row I am opening this thread. Since Codemasters are also reading the forums here since a few years I really hope that with F1 2013 they finally listen to the call of the PC community and offer support for dedicated servers.

If they do it will offer sites like ourselves so much more options to run a proper online series for a Formula One minded crowd.

Here is hoping :rolleyes:

Amen to that !!

With so many PC games being console ports, developers just seem happy to foist an inferior server and matchmaking system on us. This F1 series would have so much greater potential with dedicated servers.

Call of Duty is a good example of retrograde development. For years PC players had 32 man servers as standard. Their latest offering 3 - 4 months ago, Black Ops II ........ 12 man servers and smaller maps. :thumbsdown:

I'm all for dedi servers, tho not interested of Codies F1 series until they manage to make proper ffb, but problem with those, from game publisher/devs point of view, is that if they don't control the servers they can't shut them down when they want and thus force people to buy the latest release. It's all about money. Well that's how I see it anyways.

Well they can always shut the master lobby down after a period of time and then its over and out whether or not you are hosting with a dedicated machine.

I am not against that as at some point people need to move on wards with newer games. Would already be happy if they have a master lobby up for 365 days after release.

One can do a hell of lot of cool online series in one year.

That's nothing but greed.

In their defense, the real greed is with those that dare that ask multi-millions for a license. A game developer buying an F1 license takes a huge financial risk.

The only way to earn back that investment (or break even) is to sell a yearly game.

I think when this license ends the flag will be waved in Birmingham and they'll throw a big party :) Same happened at Sony when their nightmare F1 license ended.

I think this is the third year in a row I am opening this thread. Since Codemasters are also reading the forums here since a few years I really hope that with F1 2013 they finally listen to the call of the PC community and offer support for dedicated servers.

If they do it will offer sites like ourselves so much more options to run a proper online series for a Formula One minded crowd.

Here is hoping :rolleyes:
What are dedicated servers

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=what are dedicated servers?:)

Basically it will allow RD to run its own server machine connected to the F1 2013 lobby where all the players are. The machine sends all the race session data to the clients (instead of one hosting player) which allows larger grids (full grids like it should) admin control (to get rid of idiots) and an easy accessible room with a password.

More important most PC sim games store a replay file of an entire race, results outputs and other jummie stuff that you can use for leagues.

Back to the topic. Have CM ever given an official reason why servers are not supported? Especially with all the disconnection issues in their previous titles I see absolutely no reason why they can't put this in the game for this years edition.

Back to the topic. Have CM ever given an official reason why servers are not supported? Especially with all the disconnection issues in their previous titles I see absolutely no reason why they can't put this in the game for this years edition.
I do believe they suggested the cost just wouldn't be in their favour. I'm sure its on their forums somewhere about it.

And that they would rather alter the code (to attempt to get it received and sent quicker, rather than invest in dedicated servers)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back