1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Dedicated server

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by clifdavis, Jul 25, 2011.

1. I am interested in hosting a server as I host for rFactor with my forum. However, when I click the exe for the dedicated server, my Bitdefender grabs it and says it is a "haurer" trojan. Is this a false positive. I do know it removed the exe.

Edit,....
    also, is there something that can be done to be able to use alt+tab and re-enter the game.

Thanks
    Clif Davis

2. Trojan alert

update.....
    I installed GSC on my server machine and ran Bitdefender on the folder. It deleted the Dedicated.exe and listed it as Gen:Trojan.Heur.GZ.Zj0@bqtJ2pd

Could someone address this issue please.

3. Its nothing. Its a new backdoor for the server. And because your viruscanner doesnt know it it alerts you.
    But its perfectly fine. :)

And Alt Tab works fine here. :)

4. OK, I will try and reinstall it and tell the virus protector to be calm.. ha.

Will try the A.T again
    Thanks.
    Clif

5. OK, I have the dedicated server working. It is running along side of my rFactor server. I can log into my rf server but get "join time out" on the GSC server. My GSC server is F1ClassicGSC-USA.

Thanks.
    Clif

6. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk
    Reiza Studios Premium Member

need to open the appropriate ports. gsc uses different ones to rfactor.

7. I opened the Support folder in GSC and it shows the same firewall setup info that is in rFactor. It even shows the rFactor logo. If there is other info, where might I find it please.

Thanks.
    Clif

8. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk

Yeah that shouldn't have really been included.

The UDP port numbers are listed in the multiplayer.ini as 34597 and 34697, you need to open from this number upwards for each server you have open.

Then there is a TCP port you need to open as well, but I'm not sure which, trying to find out for you.

9. Fantastic, thanks sir for your help and support. Working in the router now.

Clif

10. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk

So did just opening those two ports work for you?

11. I did not try the udp numbers as I was waiting for the TCP number. I figure I would need that also.

Thanks for checking back.

Clif

12. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk

Can you check the UDP numbers and see if it works please?

13. I did try using only these numbers. I received a join timed out.

Thanks,
    clif

14. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk

Okay, thanks.

15. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk

Try TCP 34747

16. ok, will try and let you know,
    Thanks.
    Clif

17. It is up now and I was able to log on. If you would like to try it from your end I would appreciate it. I will also post it on the forum.

Thanks so much for your efforts.

Clif
    server F1ClassicGSC-USA

18. Add on question. I currently have 15 to 18 drivers on my server and am showing 98%up and 22%down with a frame rate of 249fps.

Is this about what it should be or is there a way to improve things.

Thanks for all your help.
    clif

19. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk

Depends how much bandwidth you've allocated to things. I suggest you edit the multiplayer.ini and set the fps rate to something much lower, say around 50 fps though.

20. was looking for this process and couldn't find the line to adjust.. maybe I am missing the obvious...

Clif