Dedicated server help?

Could someone try help me out? I've opened all the needed ports in the router and the firewall to host a RACE07 server yet the ping is still 5000. Checked all the ports with PFPortChecker and they are all open.

I read that for some reason some have trouble connecting on a dedicated server hosted from the same PC that they are trying to join. Could this be the issue? EDIT: I can actually join the server by finding in through the LAN browser. ( I can see it in the multi lobby but can't join )

Thanks.

edit: the ports I've opened are:
34000-34297 TCP\UDP
34347 TCP\UDP
34349 TCP\UDP
48942-48957 TCP\UDP
26900-26907 UDP
48958-48973 UDP

Maybe I missed some necessary port?

Last edited:
You have opened the OUTGOING ports?

Also, you must make sure your IP address matched the permissions on your router. For example. If your open your ports for say 192.168.0.10 but the the computer that is running the server is 192.168.0.11 it isn't going to work.

Last edited:
openports.jpg

I've forwarded ports before for a CS server and I don't remember having to make outbound rules. I'll try though.

What I really don't get is that even if I disable WIndows Firewall completely I can't join the server. The ports are correctly forwarded on the router so by logic with the firewall disabled the rules shouldn't matter. I did this for a few times for that same CS server before I figured out exactly what I needed to do with the firewall rules. So what's different here?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back