Resource icon

Database Decreased Tyre Wear + 10x Flashback 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
I'm afraid that even changing max_distance has no effect in Career mode. I compared the tyre distance in Grand Prix mode and Career mode and it looks unchanged in Career mode. Tyre wear is decreased in Grand Prix mode though.

Unless someone has another explanation for this, it seems like tyre wear in Career mode can't be edited :/

Crap that sucks. That would be a very popular mod since the Ai are not affected by tire wear in career mode which is completely ridiculous on CM's part. Oh well.

I'm afraid that even changing max_distance has no effect in Career mode. I compared the tyre distance in Grand Prix mode and Career mode and it looks unchanged in Career mode. Tyre wear is decreased in Grand Prix mode though.

Unless someone has another explanation for this, it seems like tyre wear in Career mode can't be edited :/

I can also confirm there is no change in tyre wear in Career mode. I can also confirm that there's a nasty side effect too. Since the game reads in the database that the tyres an last longer 9which they don't), the period between pit-stops is longer (example: first pit in Bahrain is on lap 13, if you don't change the pit-stop strategy). Since the AI has no tyre wear, they can stay for that period of time out, while you will probably find yourself struggling for grip by lap 7 - 8. Since the AI can stay even 5 laps longer than you on track, you will be forced to make more pit stops, and therefore, lose places. So, change your database back to original.

P.S. Test was done with a 50% increase in max_distance, not 25%.

I have found a way to reduce tyre wear in Career, through changing values in the track_tyre_wear_level tab. However, I haven't had enough of an opportunity to play around with this to determine the best values. By making the numbers more negative, you reduce tyre wear. I managed to race through Melbourne with a 1-stop strategy (50% race distance).

However, almost all other AI cars also adopted a 1-stop strategy, leading me to assume that changing the values in this tab also affects AI.

If anyone would like to look into this to confirm/deny its effectiveness please let me know what you find.

^ Do you mean in race, as in car status HUD, well the redder they are, the more worn, you'll feel it before you look at the HUD, but i'd say anything of lighter red you need to think about conserving buy slowing or pitting more than the A.I, but take options/supersofts each time to make up the difference. That's one tactic I use to good effect.

I've just finished a 100% China race, I think the posts regarding tyre wear no change, and the negative side effect of A.I staying out longer is true, as the game is still new, we are still learning the little details and variations in behaviour. I Did notice my pit stops had increased in when I was suggested to pit, but I thought that maybe due to my set up change as the race was 70% wet/inters. So hey ho its of to the drawing board we go :p. *and yes, it's far too aggressive on tyres this game, especially as the A.I can stay in fuel mix 3 for 20 odd laps and still race by the end of the race on unworn tyres. WTH were CM thinking!?

I must now say that I use the original database again and now doing FP3 at Montreal. Its indicated that the super softs will last 10.4 laps. I'm now at lap 7 and the tyres really don't show brown, dark brown or reddish in the car status HUD (yet). I also use a setup which is created specifically for F1 2013 and not one I took from F1 2012 setups.

What would be a really neat trick is to get the tire wear working on the Ai.

I wonder if CM intended it to work for the Ai, but there is a bug or error which is causing this problem, and CM will fix it, or if CM just gave up and figured they'd leave Ai tire wear FUBAR just like they did the weather in F1 2012?

Hmm... one can hope I suppose.

I can get easily to lap 12 at Montreal on super softs (50% race), that's when the AI normally pits in.
Yeah they pit, but not because they need to, it just seems to be scripted in.. if you check their lap times, they are setting times as if tires are not wearing at all, just getting faster do to less fuel per lap, and variations do to race incidents, traffic, etc.

That's the going theory I believe. I don't think it is set in stone, but a lot of people are reporting similar results.

I can get easily to lap 12 at Montreal on super softs (50% race), that's when the AI normally pits in.

To tell you the truth, after I managed to get the hang of how the car works right now (aka I don't go full throttle on corner exit, nor lock my wheels on braking), I can also keep up with the AI in terms of tyre wear (though mine are red by the time I pit, but not enough to make me go nuts on track, or lose a lot of time.

Another interesting thing I noticed regarding changing the max_distance tab, now that I changed them back to how they originally were was that the modification actually worked. With 50% more added to max_distance, I got the red (used) tyres warning halfway through lap 8, with max_distance to normal, I got it after the first two corners on lap 6. Test on Bahrain, cause that's where I am with the Career. Unfortunately, the fact that it has that negative side effect makes modifying the max_distance values improper, cause the negative part outmatches the positive aspect. But, hey, at least it worked. It's a start, right?

It feels like we're all engineers at NASA trying to crack this problem. Has anyone attempted changing values on the track_tyre_wear_level tab yet?

I have found a way to reduce tyre wear in Career, through changing values in the track_tyre_wear_level tab. However, I haven't had enough of an opportunity to play around with this to determine the best values. By making the numbers more negative, you reduce tyre wear. I managed to race through Melbourne with a 1-stop strategy (50% race distance).

However, almost all other AI cars also adopted a 1-stop strategy, leading me to assume that changing the values in this tab also affects AI.

If anyone would like to look into this to confirm/deny its effectiveness please let me know what you find.
I can confirm that. Reducing it you decrease tyre wear. Same as in 2012, lower values less wear. Works in career.

It feels like we're all engineers at NASA trying to crack this problem. Has anyone attempted changing values on the track_tyre_wear_level tab yet?

Well, I fooled around with those settings a bit, and I got immortal tyres. (Values: -1.5, -1.25, -1). So, one thing's for sure, the setting does increase the tyres' life span. On the other hand, I am not sure about the AI pitting, since I started from a mid-session save, and the pit strategies for the AI (more like the scripts) were already saved (by the way, did you know you can spam the mid session saves for infinite flashbacks?). Still, maybe if we increase the tyre's life with this setting and decrease the time the game reads with the max_distance setting, we can make a proper tyre wear mod?

This what I've got after changing the track_tyre_wear_level to -1, -0,5 and -0,25 :p This is after 3 laps on primes at Montreal in Q1 (yes one of my favorite circuits lol).

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 465
This what I've got after changing the track_tyre_wear_level to -1, -0,5 and -0,25 :p This is after 3 laps on primes at Montreal in Q1 (yes one of my favorite circuits lol).

That's a strange sight. So, it shows that it will wear out after 1 lap but in essence the tyres actually last much longer than usual. This is all sorts of confusing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back