Decide on the next Caterham Season Series vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
All, we have the finale of the Caterham Classic series this Friday, which means that in 2 weeks time we will start another series.

My question now is - what vehicle should we use next?

I think we have a couple of choices -

1. We do a season in the Academy Class alongside the normal Academy Club events, or
2. We don't do a season in the Academy Class, move on to the next vehicle (Roadsport 140), and only use Academy for Club events.

I'll add a poll to this thread so you can all have your say.

Things to bear in mind - The Academy is very locked down on what can and can't be upgraded, whereas the Roadsport has a bit more flexibility with setups, gearboxes tyres etc.

Also, whatever car gets chosen, the tracks will be longer than the Classic season ones.

Anyone can vote, but I'll be giving more credence to the people who actually drive the events rather than a random vote.

I'm voting for the Roadsports, because that way, we keep a totally different identity between the Club & Series events.

The Series cars should, IMO, be more tweakable, and the Club events should be as simple as possible for everyone.

Of course, YMMV.

I agree that the series should be slightly better in the performance stakes. It helps to maintain the element of involvement as people get more familiar with the format.

I would also say that the best racing of equal standard drivers occurs when the cars are on a level playing field.

Going up one class for the series, will hopefully be a good compromise to satisfy both arguments. If that makes any sense at all :confused:

Although I've not managed to get to any of the meetings I do have a wee bit of experience with the cars :wink: so I voted for the RS140, mainly for the reson to keep club and series seperate but also to get a bigger progression from the classic than the Academy gives, and to give the "tweakers" something to keep themselves happy with :rolleyes::eek:

hoping to make at least some of this series

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%