1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Dec 9, 2013] Monday SR4 252 (Mid Ohio [Power Pack needed])

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM RADS
    Car: Radical SR4 252
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:50 GMT: Warmup
    21:00 GMT: Race (2 x 20 minutes)

RD Club Rules: Click Here
    Server and TeamSpeak Passwords: Click Here

2. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Whoa!! these are going to be evil around here lol

3. Mid Ohio with no chicane?

4. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

This time we will use the NO-chicane version! Muhahahah!

5. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Server is UP!

6. After my recent problems with pitstop I read again carefully Dennis's "Guide for Pitstops". First time it slipped my mind that requesting the pitstop gives you extra 5-6s!:redface:
    But I'm actually interested in what it means "...Know that in RaceDepartment Race07 races, we have Auto Gears turned on, this means you don't have to use the clutch...". Do you set both automatic gearbox and automatic clutch to on? As I enter the server and go to the realism section I can see that both automatic gearbox and automatic clutch may be toggled. So I always set automatic gearbox to off but automatic clutch to on. Of course I use clutch during start. I find paddles to change gears easier to use although I know that with WTCC I should use stick instead;).

7. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@Aleksander Pienkowski , Auto gears means that you have an automatic transmission and no need to use the shifter or paddles, the gears will shift up and down at the "correct rpm's". It might not be the timing you would choose or the gear you would like to be in but it will change without you doing anything. RD "allows" drivers to use Auto Gears, but you do not have to use them!

Auto Clutch, whether this is on or off will make little difference to driving as the transmission seems to work very well without it. The biggest difference is that having auto clutch turned off means that if you spin off track or come to a stop, the motor will quit unless you depress the clutch. I have manual gears, auto clutch and use the clutch pedal for launching the car and that's the only time I use it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Do you use paddles or stick shifter to change gears if it's not a secret?;)

9. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Always paddles.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

NO way Dennis!!!! I thought you'd be hardcore and use a shifter

• Haha Haha x 1
  11. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

I'm sure there are many more misconceptions about me :unsure:

• Like Like x 1
  12. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

:sneaky::sneaky:

13. It's no shame to use paddles, Jim. Formula 1 drivers use it. I tried to be hardcore at the beginning an used H-shifter, then switched to stick shifter and finally realized that paddles are the most comfortable and fast.:)

14. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Aleksander, don't tell me that! I'm vunerable and I can't cope with making choices about gear shifters so don't give me anymore to thing about :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

• Haha Haha x 1
  15. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Jim, there's no choosing :p

16. Damo

Damo
    Premium Member

Guys how do i take a snapshot from a race? Was about 6 ft in the air today at the 1st chicane at monza on a public server , looked preety cool on replay. Oh and I survived with no damage :)

Damo

17. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

IF you have Replays turned on you can view it there, take a screenshot or capture it using Fraps or MSI's Afterburner.

• Like Like x 1
  18. my mates been having stupid trouble with shifter.. I and he have g27 - i use paddles. Im used to them though lol i have a Mercedes Sport as my day to day car and it has paddle shifters on it.

quicjk ninja edit

Mercedes is the car i drive to tesco - not the car i drive online lol)

19. Sorry, but what is Power Pack ?

20. Gundars

Gundars
    Pedal to the metal Premium Member

• Like Like x 2