[Dec 8, 2013] GTL: GTC-TC-76 BMW2002tii (Road Atlanta 70)

flyergtc76.jpg
Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: GTC-TC-76 BMW2002tii ( Download )
Track: Road Atlanta 70 (Download)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 ( 13 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time:
GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 ( 13 laps )

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys for such an amazing return, I cant imagine better spent evening on PC than this :) I enjoyed the whole race, mostly without any mistakes (understand without spins).

I just watched the replay, because I thought that I made @Steven Walker spin in 3rd or 4th lap. I may played my role in it too (if so, sorry), but the contact wasn't from me and I was quite a distance ahead. I waited though, just in case, because from the driver seat it really looked like my fault. I made a risky overtake later in the race against @Steven Walker again, slowed him down for sure (really happy you went out of it ok!), so at least the previous waiting found it's use later :)

Just hope everyone enjoyed the race at least as I did, because for me it was in one word amazing. See you next time :)

Had a great race today, even with some spins and off-track excursions i had a great time, had some nice battles with Steve Walker and with Jack Smith, with Jack i was able to hold him behind until the last lap, when i went sideways in front of him, i wasn't able to recover but we had a very close finish, if the race had another lap the outcome migth have been diferent ;)

Congratulations top 3 and those who finished in both races, i had a really nice time today, very nice driving :thumbsup:
Thank you Rupe and Steve for organizing these events :thumbsup:

I was not sure about joining this event because the 1st time I tried the cars and track I found them very difficult, in the end I was really glad I did. The racing was great fun and I was able to run in mid pack.
I did have several offs though, and I was very slow in some of the corners which caused a couple of spins for people behind me. Sorry to anybody I slowed down or caused to crash.
Well done to podiums and to everyone who took part.
Thanks to Rupe and Steve for organising and hope to see you all again soon.

Only had time for second race but it was definite fun.... love that car. Never got a timed practice lap in so started last which was a good thing anyway. Half way through I was feeling comfortable, but had a spin on track and drivers passed. I just stayed still until they all worked their way around me. The last 1/4 of the race I had a fun time chasing Rui, slowly closing a gap, and passing him only after he had a little wobble on the last lap, and I just held on to the position to the end. We would of had a good battle if the race were a bit longer for sure.

Thanks to Rupe for organizing, cheers all racers, and WD podiums.

After a missed few events it was good to be back behind my beloved GTL.
Sorry i was not on T/speak to start with, i was looking after another server, but once they were up and running i was realising how much id missed the fun.

Race 1 was great fun, i did not qualify and started from the rear and soon found myself in 3rd place , by this time the 2 guys up front had a 4 second lead on me that i could only see slowly getting bigger each time i looked at the clock, good speed guys.
just as i managed to stop if from growing anymore, i had to shoot upstairs to help.
so in the pits park up and run.

when i got back the race was over and the 2nd practice had started.
the S model feels more firmer in it drive and you can really throw it about..
great fun luv this car so much...
Well i did do a qually run and found myself 2nd on the grid,
I got a great start and had many laps fending of the pole man after my super start.
with a few laps to go i was given a break as he had a moment behind me and i took a nice run to the flag..

great super fun and what a way to make a return with a 2nd race win..

thanks to all that turned up, super good racing, if a little messy at times in places..
Take it easy on the start's let your tyres get up to temp.. (easier said than done )

Wd the podium guys and the guys that stuck at it and finished....

see you all next time..:thumbsup:

Last night was fun. I thought that I would be on the pace as I'd had a few practice sessions beforehand and was happy with the cars and their handling. That was of course until I joined the server on race night to find Yves was 4 seconds faster than any lap times I had managed to achieve. Thankfully he'd very kindly put his setup online for us to use and use it I did :thumbsup: Many thanks Yves it helped a lot.

Race 1 had me starting near the tail end of the grid after screwing up my qualifying lap but I got a decent start and made it into third place. I didn't stay there long unfortunately as I got it a little wrong in the first few bends and dropped a few places. After running a little wide in turn 4 I was passed by @Roland Warmenhoven and as we went into the braking zone for turn 6 I missed my braking point slightly and only just clipped him as I took avoiding action. Looking at the replay you seemed to survive that tap and then spun your rears up on the drive out of turn 6. Still, I'm very sorry for the love tap mate.
After that I dropped all the way down to 8th place behind @Allan Ramsbottom where I stayed for a few more laps until he was involved in an accident with @Gundars Brigis. :O_o: Because of this I gained a couple of spots and from then on I just got my head down and kept it on track to finally finish in 3rd place.

Race 2 and I managed to post a half decent lap time in qualifying to start 4th on the grid. I started well but found myself on the outside into turn 1 with drivers approaching rapidly on the inside so I decided to stay on the outside and slot in when I could which cost me a few places. Nevermind, there were plenty more laps to go and plenty more chances to regain places.
At least that was what I thought until lap 2 turn 2 when @Ondrej Kapal got it slightly wrong and had to take to the grass. After flattening the marshal on his return to the track he was on the inside for turn 3 and as he took the right hander he went quite wide and I had to slam on the anchors to avoid hitting him.:unsure: This put me onto the grass and as I tried to rejoin I was rear-ended by Gundars which slammed me into the barrier damaging my car.:confused: From then on it was a struggle to keep the car on track but an enjoyable challenge nonetheless.

It was a good turn out so thanks to everyone who turned up. These cars are growing on me and I look forward to driving them again soon. Hope to see you all again soon. (Tuesday :thumbsup: hint hint)

Yep, it was another great event! Welcome @Gundars Brigis, and Welcome Back @Ondrej Kapal and @Rui F. Martins !:thumbsup:
As usual, I needed a little time to get used to the car and to the track, but by P1 end I felt I was doing OK. Apparently I had driven this track before, as I needed not DL it, but I just couldn't recall ever being there before..

Regardless, I was having some good fun, climbed up to 3rd place after R1 start, only to fall back to a solid last place, as after an accident I really struggled to get the car off the grass and stalled the engine twice:mad:.
It looked to be a lonely 12 lap drive from then on, but gradually I encountered several others who obviously had had similar issues. Still finished last, but at least not very lonely..

The 2nd more powerful Beemer felt a little more stable, although I really struggled to match my best time from R1. Come Q2 my laptimes were OK, and at R2 start once again I managed to get into 3rd place, but was pretty soon chased by Yves. Hwo at some point rolled the car in the final corner, but was back on my tail again pretty soon.. Then I underestimated Turn 1, did a brilliant :D 360° spin onto the grass but managed to continu while losing only a few seconds.:laugh:
There was a pretty decent gap behind me so I managed to hold on to 4th place until the end.

Thanks to the staff for this fun event, and for all who showed up:thumbsup:. Hope you all had at least as much fun as me..

Bid of a strange evening this time,
In practise for R1 did some good lap times (for me than lol) low .24.. not great or bad,then messing up my Quali :confused: an during the rest of the Quali was looking for online setup an then all froze up,so reset computer with less then 3 min to the race an did not make it:devilish:

R2, not a bad or good Quali bud do to some no Qualifiers p7 on the grid take of easy an 2 or 3 guys past me on the downhill bud in T2 have to go to the outside an spun of in to the fence steering out of order an last place now, so on to the chase bud laptimes where no good fastest in practice a .23 bud in race not under .25 ?? maybe gearing not good,so not much to chase lol, it's not negative I love this car (S) so come on with the next race to get a revenge....;)

I am sorry about that @Steven Walker , from your point of view I really played my role in it... the chicane is very unpredictable to go trough when you get the racing line wrong. At least I didn't wait for nothing, I was aware of my mistake, hope no hard feelings from there :)

No problem Ondrej, these things happen. I'm just glad to know that my reflexes are up to scratch.:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back