1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

[Dec 7, 2013] WTCC (Brno 07)

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM WTCC
    Car: WTCC
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07
    20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification [Superpole]
    20:50 GMT: Warmup
    21:00 GMT: Race (45 Minutes)

RD Club Rules:
    Click Here

Server and TeamSpeak Passwords:
    Click Here

2. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Server is UP!

3. Might drop in. Long time since i raced the WTCC cars or Race07, and i am slow in them to start with. So just might hold up the rear :)

4. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

We need a few confirmed "Yes" attendees :whistling:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Since i am waiting for Fanatec to ship me a replacement wheel, and no access to older wheel this week, i'm out sadly.

6. OK, I'm in hoping for a couple of some others to join. Anyway, racing is more fun than watching a stupid movie!

7. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Looks like it's time for the "backmarkers" to step their game and join!

8. Yes, the "backmarkers" are more than welcome (all the time!).

By the way Dennis, haven't you got any decent setup for Honda - Brno 2007? My setup from Tuesday and Thursday that I'd found in the forum really didn't suit me.

9. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@Aleksander Pienkowski , I have a setup from '09 but I've learned so much since then. I'll run it today and play with it then post it before race time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Maybe I'll get a top 5 finish tonight :roflmao:

• Haha Haha x 1
  11. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Here is one to try. It's faster than my earlier car but handles, for me, a lot better. I must point out that my driving style and needs seem to be different than for most drivers. My setup comes from trial and error and the knowledge given to me by that which has been adding up.

At least, I think if you don't like something about it I think I can tell you what to change :cautious:

Attached Files:

12. Thanks Dennis for the setup. I'll soon try it.

13. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Might just get on for the race tonight as I'm at work till 1900. Get home, showered and then get on so won't have much if any time with these cars before the race. Not that will make any difference to my customary last place :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

• Haha Haha x 1
  14. Just tried your setup. Feels really good in terms of driving experience. 2:16.688s is not an excellent time for me sounds good :)

15. BMW setup for Damian and anyone else

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Sorry but I'm not going to be there tonight, not long in from work and my head is all over.

17. Can't join. It's only qualifying and can't join. Never mind see you Friday.

Must be early start on warm up at 8:43 seven minutes early.

18. Very nice race. Trading positions with Damian many times. Chasing Dennis. Braked to hard and get bumped off the track by, I think, Andreas (sorry my fault!). Pitted 14 mins before the end. Left the pit lane and ... connection lost to the server:mad:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  19. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

The good news, five started.
    The bad news, Damian wasn't getting times and Alek had a dropout.

Nowhere near the speed of Andreas or Arunas I decided to play the carrot of Alek and Damian. I was hoping tires would last but I went brain dead on the entrance to T5 on L14 and hit the wall so a pit stop was necessary. Pushed to see what the car could do, then waited for the finish.

Thanks to those that drove!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Was nice to be back on Brno with the now already 6 years old BMW. Was indeed a bit surprised after pits, when Aleksander braked, and couldn't avoid a contact - but race moved on. Tyres had a few problems, so - one lap more and Arunas had knock on again high probably.

Thanks for the race.

• Like Like x 1