1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

[Dec 6, 2013] Mini Friday (Brno 07)

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MINI
    Car: Mini
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:50 GMT: Warmup
    21:00 GMT: Race (80 Minutes)

RD Club Rules:
    Click Here

Server and TeamSpeak Passwords:
    Click Here

2. Damo

Damo
    Premium Member

Given I'm generally 10 secs slower than the top laps , what sort of time should i be aiming at around BRNO?

Cheers

Damo

3. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@Damian Millett , we're not going to ruin your fun by talking about laptimes! Just keep practicing and speed, consistency will come to you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

I echo what Dennis says, don't worry about lap times and how well you'll do. These club races are all about having clean, fun races without the pressure to perform well. You'll soon gauge where you are and might just surprise yourself ;) Finishing the race is the greatest achievement :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Arunas

Arunas
    "Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

Endurance races first is about finishing it and then about speed ;)

6. Damo

Damo
    Premium Member

Ok , point taken guys , see you Friday :0)

8. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Tony, we don't discuss lap times for the Club Races. They're intended to be fun events where everyone is welcome. Sometimes drivers see a laptime and figure they'll be out of contention and so never even bother to sign up or attend. When that happens no one signs up and only a few are left to possibly race. See ya there Tony!

9. Damian, don't worry! I'm a regular backmaker with "lousy" qualification lap times but I still have a lot of fun, even trying not to be overlapped by top racers. :roflmao:

• Like Like x 3
  10. I really want to do this race, if I get a license in time!

I'm currently learning the track, does anyone have a good setup I can borrow?

Also I understand this is a long race so do I'm guessing pit stops will be needed? How do I set these up?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  11. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@hill . I hope you get your license and Welcome to the Club!
    I don't know that a good setup is going to be that important for the Minis, driving smoothly here is the key.

I've attached my setup from last year, I'm sure that I'll be putting what I've learned about cars in it when I get to the track to drive it again. It's a start?

Attached Files:

12. Great thank you!

Could you help with my question above about pit stops?

13. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@hill , In the Race 07 forum there is a great post on this, also a few words to a fellow driver from Tuesday's race.

On your having applied for a license, have you PM'ed Tom Enders as he asked in you application thread?

14. @Dennis Phelan

I have PM'd Tom yes and he is working on it.

I need to practice pit stops and the track! gulp!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Hey guys, don't forget to make sure your mini skinpack is current, we are using version 2.3 now.

Get it here MINI FRIDAY SKINPACK

Also, remember if you have any of the skins included in this pack, already in the customs skins folder, please remove them before adding this skinpack folder. If you have 2 copies of the same file installed, other drivers won't be seeing your skin correctly in some cases.

16. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

I will put me up as a maybe. Still having pain in my wrists today, and 80 mins is way to much as it is now. I can barely manage 45 min with WTCC cars :cry:

But we shall see :)

• Love Love x 1
  17. Reggie Blain

Reggie Blain
    Premium Member

Dry your eyes Daniel and get on the grid lol:) The Minis will not be as tough on the wrist

This track with Minis should make some EPIC Racing:);)

See you guys on track:cool:

• Like Like x 2
  18. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

80 min race, do we have a half time break?

19. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

I'll be having a catered event at the 40 minute point. Everyone is invited to the pit for some wine and cheeses or beer and pretzels, bring your own if you're looking for anything stronger. While everyone is enjoying themselves, I'll be stealing ignition keys from all the cars!

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

I have a picnic hamper so I'm good ;) but thanks :D

• Like Like x 1