1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

[Dec 6, 2013] FTrucks: Formula truck series (Zolder 1967)

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Rupe Wilson, Nov 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Club times
    • Start time 21:00 GMT
    • Qually length 15 mins (21:15 GMT)
    • Warm up length 5 mins
    • Race length 20 mins
    • And a 5 min break before race 2
    Information:
    Track:
    Zolder 1967 ( Download )
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #R
    Password: Click here for the server password
    RaceLog: After each session your fastest laptime, result and rank are published inside the RaceLog system. Click here or quickly navigate to the RaceLog section of your choice via the navigation button on the site and forums

Discuss, support, encourage and share!
    This event thread will be the central thread for the Truck Series discussions this week.

You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Please type an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification :)

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  2. I'm hoping I can race in this one on Friday night if I get my new license in time, seem to be having a problem at the moment where two users have the same name!

Anyway, I've been practising this track and I have a few questions.

Does anyone have a setup for this track? The reason I ask is I can't seem to turn the damn truck! When I up the steering lock things seems better but it appears to be not drive able otherwise.

Unless I'm missing something here and these trucks need to be seriously slow into corners?

Also, when I up the steering lock in the garage all the ai at this track start rolling over in the corners, am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks for any help

3. It's a bit counter intuitive how these things handle, as with many cars (and especially heavy cars with lots of power) you need to be done with braking before you start turning, but once you start turning in is when they behave a little different, the more throttle to put in the more the car turns, it'll slide, but very slowly and controlled as long as you have braked enough upfront and are smooth with throttle application. This is one of the reasons they are so much fun to drive, you pretty much powerslide every corner.
    Well at least this is how I have been approaching it, I might be way off the mark, someone else will hopefully come along and tell us if so xD

4. So what your saying is turn in and boot it!!.....that does sound fun!

5. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Thanks for thinking of me Kjell, but my schedule has changed and currently unable to race online at my regular days and times.

I also haven't got my experience up to par with Trucks yet, haven't played it enough since getting it.

6. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Monkey's B Staff Premium Member

Hi chaps
    I've just got this game so I'm not up to speed with the forum. Is there any help or guidance for newbies anywhere? Do I need to take a backup copy of the game before adding modded content such as the track? What happens if the game becomes corrupt? I read something about a synch feature somewhere, does this return the game to a default state? Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on these matters.

7. BUGGER! I forgot that I've signed up for the companys xmas dinner for this friday! ><
    The race starts quite late though so I MIGHT make it, hope I do!

8. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Hi @Denis Betty , So far this sim is rock solid in adding tracks, no need for a back up like GTL,
    the file structures are the same as gtl just look for the locations folder and put the track in there,

PLR file tricks.
    so you only see a clear view behind you.
    under graphic options
    Self In TV Rearview="0" // add values for any that should be visible (0=none): 1=rear wing & wheels, 2=body & susp, 4=cockpit, 8=steering wheel (15=all)
    Self In Cockpit Rearview="0" // add values for any that should be visible (0=none): 1=rear wing & wheels, 2=body & susp, 4=cockpit, 8=steering wheel (15=all)

• Beer Beer x 1
  9. Denis Betty

Denis Betty

Great stuff, thanks for the help.

• Love Love x 1
  10. Password: Click here for the server password.... how to get it?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Steven Walker

Steven Walker
    Slowly getting better!

I've had this sim for a couple of months now and not really taken it out for a spin so I'll give tonight a bash if I may. I'll be online from 8.00pm onwards getting some practice in..

12. Lyndon Hughes

Lyndon Hughes
    Grandad Premium Member

No servers available here,

13. Denis Betty

Denis Betty

I just clicked on multiplayer and got a message something like internet matchmaking for F-Trucks is temporarily unavailable????????

14. Quas

Quas
    Staff Premium Member

Somehow i never downloaded Zolder for Power & Glory or Historix, so i just did my first practice laps ever here and boy what a great combo this is with the trucks, already one of my favourite circuits.

The server is down for like half an hour (at least, i didn't check earlier), hope it's just a matter of a couple more minutes :unsure:

@Reiza Studios , heeeeeeelp us please, internet matchmaking is unavailable.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  15. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

Still no connection guys :(

We have a hour before we start fingers crossed
    We can then look every half hour for a race start.
    So if 21:00 GMT in a no go
    21:30 GMT Try again
    22:00 GMT Try Again

16. 21:30 is my last try :)

17. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

no worries mate
    sorry for this mess up ,
    but beyond our control

GSC servers are up again on RD
    Opala server and the league server is up for testing...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.