1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Dec 5, 2013] WTCC (Brno 07)

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

Car: WTCC
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07
    20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification [Superpole]
    20:50 GMT: Warmup
    21:00 GMT: Race (45 Minutes)

RD Club Rules:
    Click Here

Server and TeamSpeak Passwords:
    Click Here
  2. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Server is UP!
  3. Reggie Blain

Reggie Blain
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. after qualify my games jumped to windows and when i'm back in game stuck on qualify :(,think disconnect but I can see chat:cautious:
    hope you have good race guys
  5. Shoved off into the gravel on the last lap fighting for 3rd. :(
  6. Lovely lovely track.

Congrats Reggie.
  7. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

That was a damn shame Aaron because we were having a bloody good scrap for that podium position. When I saw you go off in my mirrors I started to panic, thinking was it me that pushed you wide, I'd lost sight of you as we had different lines through that corner. Huge sigh of relief when I viewed the replay to see we were both well clear of each other as I thought/hoped we were!!!

I thought I'd start this race from the rear to see where I could get for some kicks. I pushed real hard in the 1st half of the race and took no prisoners in my persuit in climbing the field (all fair of course) and had to pit 2-3 laps early because my tyres where had it from the pushing hard. I pushed hard again for the 1st few laps while the leading pack where staying out to capitalise on better lap times and in the hope it would leapfrog me another couple of places. Was real surprised the see Aaron exiting the pits behind me (3rd place man) and was determined to hold on to a hard fought podium place. The last few laps where really tough because my tyres where giving up the ghost once again but did just enougth to hold it despite Aarons demise.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. H34d5h07

No money, no team racing.

Not my day today. I was close to pull out from the race. Been really tired the whole day.
    Decided to give it a try. For today I wanted to try something different than I normally drive.
    Gave a few cars a try, but none really felt good in my hands. Tried the Alfa (and even DL a setup from Bram) but just didn't work for me. Chevvy was also not my cup of tea. Seat (not the cupra) was okay but then I remember Justin saying a while back it behaved total different in race. Something I did not want to experience. So as usual sticked to the Honda.

The first few laps felt really good. The adrenaline was pumping and I got little more alert thanks to it. Received a few bumps (and surely gave some too) but after that, I had hard time even holding my steering wheel. I had no idea if I would made it to the finish line. Got the chance to rest my hands during the pit stop but after 2 laps, the pain was back. Decided just to cruise the rest and defend my position if someone got any funny ideas and came to close. Only real fight I had was with Dennis. Manage to pass him a few laps before my pit stop. When he did his stop, he came out in front of me and the fight was back on.

I gave him a little fight, but had to lay back little later. I just did not had the strength to keep it up. It was fun nevertheless.

Time to hit the sack
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

I tried to tweak Tuesday's car for a bit more speed but couldn't do it. Reggie Snr was putting in some fast laps and had me worried.

Muffed the first half of my Q lap but held on for a good finish to it.

I think I'm getting the hang of the clutch, another good launch and moved up a few places quickly. In a tight bunch with Snr, Daniel and Stig for a long time, enough to watch Justin move through us all! Daniel was right one me, Stig was sliding around and my big mistake for the whole first stint was being too heavy one the brakes. They worked fine but they did a job on the tires and had me hauling the wheel around doing even more damage. Pitted one lap after Daniel and came out ahead of him and Stig but behind Snr, Almost made the same mistake of braking too hard but got a rein on the neuro-synaptic responses in time to save the tires and put in some better laptimes. Daniel eased off and I closed on Reggie Snr in the last few laps and fought for his position, finally taking it.

This track is HARD on the body! I hope next weeks is easier:rolleyes:
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Well deserved mate, you fought well. One of the best scraps I've had in a long time, I was trying to get past you and hold Nelson off at the same time. Sweaty palm stuff. :D
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Well, I had a ton of fun in that race as always! :roflmao:

I qualified fifth which was an improvement from Tuesday. However, that was meaningless as I lost three positions on the start:confused:. So I made an awesome charge all the way up to fifth. On passing a car for fifth (I can not remember who) I made an epic over-under move, but braked too early for the next turn and the driver hit me killing my suspension. But, I'm not pointing any fingers, it was my fault that I braked too early.

Following the strategy of Tuesday, I pitted late to get fresher tires/tyres for the last stint. Having a full fuel load for the start, I jumped up and got right behind Channer:O_o:. At this, I could not help but laugh because it was looking like a near repeat of Tuesday:roflmao:! Soon we caught up with Justin Swan. Man, that was some fun stuff:inlove:. However, it did not last. Channer and I got into each other, he went of and hit the wall on the last lap:cry:. I went on to finish fourth, meaning out of all three club events I have attended so far I have always finished in the top five:thumbsup:.

Now, about this incident. I watched the replay a few times, and I'm not sure who's to blame:unsure:. It could be argued that Channer did not give me adequate space going into the turn, but at the same time it can be argued that it was stupid of me to go for the move in the first place:redface:. Either way, it was truly a damn shame that Channer had to wreck. That was fun while it lasted:D.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Not a great event for me. First tried BMW for a change but got back to Honda for Q. Bad setup resulting in terrible oversteer. I fought mainly with my car trying to keep it on the track. I sort of adjusted myself to this setup and the second half after my pit stop seemed better. But Mark was some 20s ahead and I wasn't able to close on him. The good news is that I didn't get overlapped this time by anybody, although Reggie was pretty close :D.
  13. Damo

Premium Member

<Craig Revel Hallwood> Disaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaster</Craig Revel Hallwood>

I'll say no more.

Damo :0)
    • Like Like x 1