1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
MINI Challenge - Round 1 - Oulton Park (LIVE)

[Dec 4, 2013] F3000 (Brno 07)

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM IFM
    Car: F3000
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:50 GMT: Warmup
    21:00 GMT: Race (2 x 20 Minutes)

RD Club Rules:
    Click Here

Server and TeamSpeak Passwords:
    Click Here

2. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

Not sure if I will attend to this event. I put me on "Maybe" for now.
    Not a big fan of these cars at all.

3. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

I want to attend but I also want to race in GSC and if that over runs, I'll miss the start of qualifying.

4. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

5. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

I thought if you miss qualifying you couldn't race.

6. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@Jim Brailsford If you are not in the game at the end of Qualifying, you cannot drive in Warmup or the Race. Anyone leaving the event during warmup cannot re-enter the event to race. There have been many times that I forgave a qualifying lap so I could be at the back of the grid and out of the carnage. Bob Miley often refrains from going out in Q as he likes to make a run from the rear as do a few others in the club.

7. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

In that case I will be in.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Going to be my first race with you guys. Lets hope for a good result :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

Ohh look, A virgin (points at Thomas)
    We are gonna have fun with this one :whistling:

Welcome abord mate!

10. My first time too :) hoping for some nice race action :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@Daniel Linder, don't count your chickens 'til you've seen their speed!

12. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

LOL, wouldn't surprise me if they left me in the dust :laugh:

13. am defo in, sorry about last night had to dash out due to family stuff, but al see uz all on track and al be on ts azwell ;)

14. Reggie Blain Snr

Reggie Blain Snr
    Premium Member

I am in as well, This will be fun :)

15. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

Just ran a few laps. These cars are so boring :mad:
    For every lap I do, the more annoyed I get,
    I am gonna race, but only because the grid is some what large

16. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

@Daniel Linder , dump your setup for a foul driving one and go overdrive the corners for some added zest to your driving!

17. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

LOL

18. Yes plz i am in, Nice wee grid tonight

19. GREAT RACIN TONIGHT GUYS GLAD AM INVOLVED :):thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  20. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

Even thou I absolutely despise these cars (its not even a car, just a piece of plastic with 4 wheels on it), the race it self was great.

1st race was a disaster for me thou, in the first right hand corner, after start, I somehow lost traction and, got an appointment with the sand trap. I thought it was over before it even started, but I went back on track and pretty much just said to myself "lets see how it goes" After a while, drivers were spinning off the track and all of a sudden, I was almost back were I left off. So my goal was to catch up with Dennis and if possible to pass him.

Few laps later I was at his back and I'm not sure if he tried to trick me, but all of sudden he just moved aside and let me pass him. Something I wasn't really expecting at all. Got little paralyzed over the thing and started to make small mistakes while he was like an annoying spy fly at my back. He passed me, but this time I wasn't going fall for any trick and little later I passed him again.

2nd race was much much more intense. Received a few bumps, and one was pretty forceful, that could had taken me out. Thx to lighting fast reflexes I was able to keep it together. Some parts of the track were filled with cars, so finding a good line while maintaining speed was difficult. Saw in my mirror that a few cars went off, and for a brief moment I thought it was my fault. (need to check the replay)

Made a dumb spin on the 2nd race and lost one position That I could take back, much much later. Tried to catch Dennis once again, and in the end I was really close. One more lap, and who knows what could had happen :)

// EDIT

I have looked at the replay, and as far as I can see, I was "involved" in two accidents.
    First one, not my fault at all. One car (the one that hits me) simply had to much speed and hits me in the back, that makes him tap another car as well.

2nd incident, almost same thing happens again. I know I had fight with this driver, and at the moment I was sure he was going to pass. Not knowing really how many cars that is behind us at the moment, I decided to leave way to much space for him to pass me (I even touch the grass with 2 wheels) and when I am going back out he hits me in the back, or the side of me pretty much goes off track.

I just think they were pure racing accidents thou, every one is caught up in the moment and race like their lives depends on it :D:D

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
    • Like Like x 2