1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

[Dec 3, 2013] WTCC (Brno 07)

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM WTCC
    Car: WTCC
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Race 07
    20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification [Superpole]
    20:50 GMT: Warmup
    21:00 GMT: Race (45 Minutes)

RD Club Rules:
    Click Here

Server and TeamSpeak Passwords:
    Click Here

2. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Server is UP!

3. sign me please

4. Reggie Blain Snr

Reggie Blain Snr
    Premium Member

i am in as well :)

5. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Nice to have the Reggie's back!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  7. sighn me in to pls, al be making my daybue :laugh:

8. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

I must apologise for the late update but here is the WTCC SKINPACK V1.1 which now includes the @Aaron Channer skin. Please remember if you have any of these skins in your Custom Skin folder, please remove them before installed this one.

9. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Just click on the "YES" in the very top post Gareth :)

10. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

Hey Justin, Who is making these skins, and can I request one that is made for me only? How do proceed so to speak?

11. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Let me know what sort of thing you want and we can take it from there, I'll have a go at something for you.

12. do u really need skin pack, i dont know how to ddo all that :unsure:

13. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

Ok cool. I will think of something then.

14. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

No, you dont need a skin pack to race. You will be fine. Skin packs is just another way to spice up the looks of the cars. If no skin packs are used, you will see the defualt skin instead :)

15. Very nice racing until i pitted and ... S&G penalty for speeding in pit lane. While serving this penalty i got another one. I have auto pit on. What's wrong? Does it mean that i entered the pit lane to fast which I have to control myself even though auto pit is on?

16. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

You need to be going slow enough before the pit limiter kicks in.

• Beer Beer x 1
  17. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Made a last minute decision to change cars, guessed a setup and hit the jackpot. Had a car capable of challenging the leaders, just a shame the pilot couldn't drive it :(

Qualified 3rd and pinched 2nd into turn 1 which was soon wasted by putting my rear wheel on the curb and spinning me around into last place. Fought my way through and by my calculations could be challenging for 3rd by the end of the race until I did the exact same thing again but gave myself a puncture so see no point in continuing.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Unlucky Justin. I wondered what happened to you..

19. H34d5h07

H34d5h07

When everybody has done their Q's you could see it was very very even. Especially midpack. I had a few plans to race with 3 other cars, Seat, Chevy or the Alfa.
    But since I worked alot on the setup on the Honda, I sticked to it. (Honda for life :sneaky::whistling:)

Race itself was really fun. Had a few fights with a few drives. Mostly I loose these fights, because one of my weakest habits is that I am more focused on keeping ppl at bay and that makes me do small mistakes and dumb risks.

After a while I got smashed into, from the back that made me go and dig some gold in the sand trap. received a broken suspension as a gift and had to constantly fight with my steering wheel to keep the car straight. Few laps later I decided to pit, but somehow I had calculated the amount of fuel wrong. So the pit crew filled me with more fuel that I needed.
    Combine that with repairing the suspension, I lost value time. But, after a while things was staring to look bright again. Almost ended up in the same position as I was before the pit stop. Rest of the race I was in 7th, and pushed hard to try catch up with 6th. But here was just not enough time. However, I am really proud. I managed to close the gap for every lap and on the last lap I were really close. Maybe one more lap or two, maybe I could had passed them all 3 that was infront of me. I know for a fact anyway, that I was around 17 seconds behind when I started the hunt, and in the end was down to 5 seconds :inlove:

• Like Like x 3
  20. That was really fun! :)

I qualified seventh (I think) and had a somewhat decent start. I took advantage of the spinning car on lap one and picked up sixth! ;) Settled in at a good pace, and caught up with Linder and someone else (can't seem to remember). Anyways, they got into each other and I was promoted to fourth!

I settled in nicely with a good pace in fourth and made my pit stop a little later than the leaders (I actually led two or three laps!) The reason for doing this was that I thought if I had fresher tyres for the end of the race, I could pick up a few positions.

The plan worked fantastically! :ninja: I picked up sixth from Fernando Navarro, passed fifth in pits, fourth from Murat Erdogdu (That was an awesome over take!) :) and had a great scrap with Aaron Channer. I was faster than Channer and I think I could have gotten third! But still, fourth for my first ever WTCC race at RD was beyond my expectations! :roflmao:

Oh, and on the last lap, I slightly tapped Channer. Sorry about that! :unsure:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1