[Dec 3, 2013] GTL: GTC-65 Lotus Seven series 1 (Mondello Park International)

flyergtc65.jpg
Server name: 1 RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL

Class: GTC-65 Lotus Seven series 1 (Download )
Track: Mondello Park International (default)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (14 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 20.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.20 (14 laps)

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES for GTL. Please read the rules they have been updated 6/11/2013 and post a reply that you have read and understood the rules
Note 2: Only default liveries or the liveries that come with the mod please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4:We will use the lotus 7 for both races
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 out-lap + 1 timed lap. NO IN LAP, Please press escape). If you mess it up, tough luck!

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qualifying you are too late for that session.

Please think of your fellow drivers. Get out on track with them, watch how they drive, you can't race with guys you have not seen drive. We ALL brake a little differently and drive the corners differently, get used to how they drive and then we can all race more safely.

If you drop out of the server during qualifying you can return.

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

@Colin Paxton

This is what i see for the 29th
RaceMode=5
Scene=GAMEDATA\LOCATIONS\Mondello\fMondello.TRK
AIDB=GAMEDATA\LOCATIONS\Mondello\fMondello.AIW
Race Length=0.100
Track Length=3508.8518

[Slot000]
Driver=Colin Paxton
Lobby Username=Colin Paxton
Vehicle=Alfa Romeo GTA

after that there were no entries on that server sorry

Last edited:
Despite the small crowd, I had some good fun once more.. And unlike last time, I finally got a faint idea how to handle these cars in the end.
And I must say, this short and twisty track was perfect for these not-so-powerful little toys.:thumbsup:

Improved my times all through P1 and Q1, managed 3rd I think. Upon R1 start I decided to take off in 2nd gear, which worked pretty well. I managed to enter T1 in 2nd place, and chased Steven for well over a lap, but then I found it was time for my mandatory every-race-at-least-one-screwup as I slammed the throtlle too hard and spun. Continued in 4th place, until in lap 3 I spun again..:( TWICE:mad:
By then I had a firm grip on last place and since I was all alone anyways decided to try a completely different approach. Just take it really easy, using only 3rd and 4th gear. Much to my surprise this worked wonders, as soon I did a PB laptime, and started closing in on the guys in front. In the remaining laps I managed to climb back up to 3rd placed:)

For R2 I wanted to try this again of course, also tried some different tyres in P2 but that didn't work out. Meanwhile Steven, Jacob and Markus made a will-not-qualy-pact. Since I didn't want them to pull a stunt on me like last week in the AustinHealey where I suddenly landed on pole, I decided to stay in as well. And since Denis struck some bad luck in his fast lap, the pole was for Hans!!:thumbsup::thumbsup: Well done Hans;):p!
R2 start was good, managed to be in 2nd place chasing Hans until unfortunately the nerves or the pressure got to him and he spun:(.
I then found myself in the lead, and with a sizeable margin too?!:confused: In lap 4 I had my mandatory off-track moment but it was a small one costing me just about 2..3 sec.. So then I just went on doing laps, completely disregarding 1st and 2nd gear, and did some really consistent laptimes. I did see Markus approaching in my mirrors, but he only gained like a few tenths per lap, and from XD I could see Steven in 3rd closing in on Markus at similar speed. We got pretty close together near the end, but I did have about 2 sec. of gap left at the finish line...:sneaky: So Yes, I won!!:whistling:

Thanks to everyone who showed up:thumbsup:, I must say, these little things are starting to grow on me as I didn't quite like them at the first event. (Yes, winning helps to some degree:cool:)

Thanks Rupe for the event, sorry you couldn't make it; you just scored yet another no-show infraction;):roflmao:. No seriously, I hope your mom is feeling better already and you'll be back soon.

Yes. Last night was fun. I really like these little beauties. They definitely bring a smile to my face every time I jump in one. They can very quickly turn round and bite you in the ass if you mistreat them, a bit like a woman really :sneaky:, but for the most part you can just throw them around.

Q1 and virtually no practice :confused:. Luckily I made no big mistakes on the timed lap as I got them all out of the way on the out lap :D and managed to bag second spot on the grid.

Race 1 and I got a great start which allowed me to enter turn 1 in first place with @Roland Warmenhoven hot on my tail and @Markus Hakamo bringing up third spot.
As the laps were counting down Roland was racing hard and closing on me until he had his obligatory screw up :thumbsup::laugh: which left Markus to try and chase me down. He did manage to stay close enough to me so that when I had my obligatory screw up :rolleyes: he was able to capitalise on it and take the lead.:thumbsup:
This didn't last long however because by about this point I was getting the hang of this car and track combo and I closed in on him fairly quickly. By about lap 9/10 he made a mistake (cracked under the pressure :whistling::laugh:) and the status quo was resumed.:roflmao: So that's how race 1 finished 1st place for me Markus in 2nd and Roland in 3rd.

Q2 and I knew that some of us were very fast around here so I made the suggestion that we forgo qualifying and start from the back giving @Denis Betty and @Hans Sneep a chance to run at the front for a bit. Unfortunately Denis fluffed his timed lap and handed pole position to Hans who strangely thought something fishy was going on.:sneaky: Hans.... would we do a thing like that?:laugh: I also suggested that we had a further 3 second countdown after the lights went green which would give him a head start and not put too much pressure on him right at the start. The others were up for it and that's how we started race 1.

Race 1 and the lights went green. Hans got away cleanly and I started the count down. 3...2...1...GO and we were off after him. Roland and I went into turn 1 side by side giving good room to each other and managed to get the power on a little earlier than me so I dropped in behind him and followed for a lap or two. Unfortunately for Hans he put a little to much power down coming out of the final turn and did a lovely little pirouette dropping him back to last place. His moment of glory had ended.:(
Not too many laps later and I had a momentary brain fart and missed my braking point into the last bend and ran into the kitty litter rejoining behind Denis who was in 4th or 5th. So now the race was really on and I put the pedal to the metal and set off after the leaders.
I managed some blistering lap times in the process but I was pushing too hard and started making little mistakes. Every time I got close to Markus in 2nd place I would have a little moment and drop back a bit.:( This went on for the rest of the race and saw me finish in a respectable 3rd spot.:rolleyes:

All in all it was a fun event and I wish more had signed up for it. Still, I have to say a big thank you to those who signed up and well done to the winners and losers alike. Cheers for setting up the event Rupe and hope that your old lady gets better swiftly.

Once again I struggled with the Lotus 7. I like the car but find it a real challenge. I also failed to find time to learn the track, so, apart from 3 or 4 laps the previous evening, this was the 1st time I had ever driven it.... it showed. :(
I stuck with it though and managed my quickest lap of the evening on the very last lap of R2 even with the tyres past their very best :).
Steve has suggested that I try to learn tracks by remembering the direction and gear sequence... L3rd into R2nd etc. I've tried this and writting it down seems to help me to visualise them.... I hope so. Time will tell.
Onwards and upwards, see you all next race. :thumbsup:

Yet another simply great event :thumbsup:. Thanks Rupe, Steve and everyone who attended!

Personally I really liked Lotus on this track, and two P2 finishes for me, though maybe more because managed to avoid mandatory screw-it-ups :p. There is already few lenghty race reports posted so not too many words from me, but couple of videos:

Race1;
1st lap, getting ahead @Roland Warmenhoven, getting ahead @Steven Walker, couple of laps trying to resist pressure from him but I just keep messing small things, Steven gets ahead me again, The Finish.

Race2;
First two laps (getting ahead @Jacob Boonstra, @Denis Betty and Steven), chasing Roland, Final Lap

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 282 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing