1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
MINI Challenge - Round 1 - Oulton Park (LIVE)

[Dec 2, 2013] Retro Max (Brno 07)

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Dennis Phelan, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

[​IMG]
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM RETR
    Car: Retro Max
    Weather: Dry
    Games: Retro Pack

20:00 GMT: Practice
    20:30 GMT: Qualification
    20:50 GMT: Warmup
    21:00 GMT: Race (2 x 20 Minutes)

RD Club Rules:
    Click Here

Server and TeamSpeak Passwords:
    Click Here

2. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

This event is for European drivers and anyone else that would like to participate!

3. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Server is UP!

4. Arunas

Arunas
    "Polite - punk" - Peter Ell

I've just changed clutch wheel and rear tires on my Camaro, so now is time to burn it :)
    I'm in :inlove:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hopefully, there will more of us to burn tires:thumbsup:

6. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Couldn't find it last night when I went online.

7. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

8. Dux

Dux
    The 1st MK Formula 1 rFactor Sim-Racing Champion Premium Member

I will try to attend the event, however i cannot promise for sure that i will make it

9. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

I was getting my ugly sleep by then lol

10. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

I think I am gonna give this a try. I'm not a big fan of these cars and this track. But I haven't raced for a while andt my racing addiction needs a fix!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Reggie Blain

Reggie Blain
    Premium Member

I am in :)

12. is there a mod for this or is it an addon :)

13. Reggie Blain

Reggie Blain
    Premium Member

Its a add on

• Beer Beer x 1
  14. Dux

Dux

i am in

15. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

At first I didn't think I was going to enjoy this race, because at the first P1, I had big trouble having control of the car. Of all of cars, the BMW CSL seemed more stable so I sticked to it. But it didn't matter what kind of setup I had. There was just no difference. I tried many combos, even exaggerated everything that you can change. In P2 and Q I found a setup that worked, but I knew I was going to work hard to even be competitive. A goal I wasn't even considering at the point. Not on a serous level anyway.
    Had a decent Q but always lost time in sector 2-3.

Anyway, on to the race. Got an amazing start. Even had the lead for a while. But since I knew the car was behaving like an elephant on ice, I was soon passed by 4 cars. So back to my starting position and it was more or less just about trying to finish the race.

2nd race. Oh my, what a great start I had again. had the lead for 3 and half laps. Somehow the car worked much better. But, after 3 and half lap, I got passed, and I kept doing small mistakes, and took unnecessary risks and had to fight like a maniac to keep the car some what stable again. Had a nice fight with someone, and I kinda felt like brake block in some parts of the track. But I always left room incase he was able to pass me when we were alongside each other at some points.

In both races I even spun of the track. But race 2 was really fun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  16. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

I never really got my BMW handling well either, tried all through Q and warmup. I could not get the rearend to help me in the corners,

It did launch well though!
    R1 just another galaxy in the universe as everyone pulled away or dropped behind.
    R2 Matthias didn't make it right to the front and the whole race changed. I could see cars in front for most all of the race, encouraging but no banana :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dux

Dux

I was doing my first run on this retro mod, since i saw there was Opel and i am driving one i chose that one and stuck with it until i found good setup. @Daniel Linder is saying the setup didn't played a role that much, however i think otherwise, but yet i haven't tried the other cars, so i i can't tell how much difference there was between the cars.

I totally agree with him that the car felt like a "elephant on ice" haha true!
    I changed some stuffs in the setup and got used to it, in FP i did 2:21 while in the Q with the same setup i did unknowingly 2:20 and the next lap S1 i was driving it by -1.061 faster and by the end of S2 we proceeded to WarmUp, however when loaded the fuel it got much worse, and then someone rang on my door haha then i spun and hit the wall on the right in T1 and i was finished and i couldn't continue for the R2

All in all i am happy with 4-5th time for the first time, not that bad, next time gonna try other cars :D

Had nice time and i hope next time we can gather much much more

• Like Like x 2
  19. Arunas

Arunas

Great and intense racing with a lot of slides and drifts guys :)
    Nothing to say, it was great racing, so several screenshots for both of races. Enjoy!

Reggie fighting Daniel for P1 in R1
    [​IMG]

Camaro fight. Matthias and me drifting out of corner
    [​IMG]

Drift for everybody, please
    [​IMG]

Big crash for Dusko forced him to retire from R1
    [​IMG]

BMW's leading the way in R2
    [​IMG]

Daniel in defensive slide against me. Battle for P2 in R2.
    [​IMG]

My biggest mistake in all races was big hit to Matthias. After watching the replay I saw that it was second bump for Matthias from me, but I never felt first contact between us. Sorry Matthias for both of them.. :(
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. Arunas

Arunas

Oh and one post race drift action shot with Dennis
    [​IMG]

Maybe there is someone who wants to have some fun and join me for making better drift video? :) It's my video almost one year old.. But now I can use full wheel lock because of my G27

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1