1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

[Dec 11, 2013] GSC: Stock Car V8 (Londrina Short)

Discussion in 'Automobilista Racing Club & Leagues' started by Scott Webber, Dec 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM V8
    RACE CYCLE: Midday

Time Schedule
    All times are in GMT. The server will be open on race day for online free practice
    • 19:00 Practice
    • 19:30 Qualification
    • 19:50 Warming up
    • 20:00 Race 2x15 Minutes (2 races 15 minutes each)

Server password: click here
    Racing rules: click here

Discuss, support, encourage and share!
    This event thread will be the central thread for the event discussions this week.

You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Please type an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification :)

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination.

2. Will be there

Drivers:
    1. Lewis Travis

• Like Like x 1
  3. Franklin Stegink

Franklin Stegink
    Premium Member

Drivers:
    1. Lewis Travis
    2. Franklin Stegink
    3. Theo van den Brink

• Like Like x 1
  4. Drivers:
    1. Lewis Travis
    2. Franklin Stegink
    3. Theo van den Brink
    4. Troy Barman

That first turn and the exit of turn 3 i think going up hill is super tricky.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ARG1980

ARG1980
    Copenhagen APEX Premium Member

Drivers:
    1. Lewis Travis
    2. Franklin Stegink
    3. Theo van den Brink
    4. Troy Barman
    5. Allan Groth

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stig Bidstrup

Stig Bidstrup
    Blip ! The Throttle Premium Member

7. Drivers:
    1. Lewis Travis
    2. Franklin Stegink
    3. Theo van den Brink
    4. Troy Barman
    5. Allan Groth
    6. Dewald Nel

Up for a race, @Tiens Van Zyl ?

8. Drivers:
    1. Lewis Travis
    2. Franklin Stegink
    3. Theo van den Brink
    4. Troy Barman
    5. Allan Groth
    6. Dewald Nel
    7. Tobias Liesaus

9. It´s more probably I will bw there but not sure!

10. Franklin Stegink

Franklin Stegink
    Premium Member

Is the server Up?
    I can only find the mini and orginal VSCC 1 server.

11. This track is an absolute nightmare!

12. Drivers:
    1. Lewis Travis
    2. Franklin Stegink
    3. Theo van den Brink
    4. Troy Barman
    5. Allan Groth
    6. Dewald Nel
    7. Tobias Liesaus
    8.Dion Vais-probably

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  13. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n
    Premium Member

I will be there for sure. Should I not show up, call 911. That's what it would take for me not racing this.

Although, Londrina short is a real tough track. As usual, the AI at 100% drive as if they were about to fall asleep, yet they are a second faster than me on average. I think it's mostly due to some turns where I am not quite as consistent as I would like. T1/2 is really tough to enter always the same way and a bad entry can cost you a full second right there.
    T3/4 is another problematic turn. Any minute divergence from the racing line and you are all over the place, losing time not only in the turns proper, but in the straight after it.

But this mod is so much fun, I don;t care where I finish (obviously) just racing it is a treat.

I remember the first edition of the V8 cars on the original GSC, I liked the cars, but they would soon lose the font end and become really hard to steer. They have solved that problem in 2013 and now they are a blast all around.

14. If i brake too late into T1 I pretty much end up spinning 90% of the time and getting the power down out of 3 without the back end braking lose is also very hard, will be an interesting race and im defiantly expecting some crashes.

15. Jan Mikuž - Maybe.

16. this track is insane with the Stock Cars. i havent completet a AI race without spinning or crashing yet... have to PRACTICE... PRACTICE... PRACTICE... :D

17. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Server is up

Voting now enabled, 50% needs to vote, you can also advance to the next session in case an admin is not
    around
    If your on your own just drop out and back in for the server to reset its self
    Please Note: under no circumstances is the race restart vote allowed to be used. You have been warned !!

The server will automatically move to race 2 :) no need to vote. just be ready for the start. ;)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Franklin Stegink

Franklin Stegink
    Premium Member

Thank you Rupe.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

i did see your post about the voting :thumbsup: and we will see how it goes.

we can delay the start of race 2 for a longer period if needed, let me know ..
    in Ftrucks we had a 5 min comfort break..

20. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson

At present its set to 90 seconds, It can be increased to 270 seconds if needed thats about 4 and a half minutes.
    let me know after the race for next time :)

• Beer Beer x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.