Debate: Were FOM Intentionally Ignoring Mercedes in Japan?

I have to say, I too did feel a lack of presence for Merc. Particularly Nico, who was on a race-long charge after loosing positions at the start. His charge back from 5th to 2nd could easily have been the story of the race, however it hardly recieved a mention. Granted, yes, much of that time was spent closing gaps rather than making moves, but I feel that would normally have been made out to be a major triumph on his part. I certainly wouldn't put it past Ecclestone to do such a thing.

• Deleted member 161052

I would think no, especially if Hamilton does a pullaway.

To say that 9/11 thing you said in the first post, well that in itself is actually preposterous and shows how insanely ignorant you are with regards to events, governments, agencies. politics on a large scale, and just the way things work in general. It also shows that you have never researched, or just simply ignored (ohhh how it feels good applying ignorance to make things seem simple and to feel better) a ton of evidence of which there is about 100000s more than the conspiracy theory the government and western propaganda/media tell you. It also shows that you are most likely incapable of an absolute shred of critical thinking and just some plain-old common sense.

On a slightly different note, I'm guessing you think that China and Russia and most Middle Eastern countries are the "bad guys" while the imperialistic world bully-empire known as the United States, along with it's followers (for the most part: Australia, Canada, Western Europe, Israel, and Saudi Arabia), are the "good guys".

I hope one day you stop absorbing the western mainstream media that gets spoon-fed to you all day, every day. Try to wake up and loose the delusional mind-state you're in no matter how much the truth, and thinking for yourself, hurts.

Last edited:
Conspiracy ? Okay, why not. :cool:
Japan: Hondaland
Track owned by: Honda
Ecclestone: Always happy for some extra money...........
-------------
And yes, US never landed on the moon. :roflmao::geek::rolleyes::whistling::laugh: Only the astronauts landed.

To say that 9/11 thing you said in the first post, well that in itself is actually preposterous and shows how insanely ignorant you are

Try to wake up and loose the delusional mind-state you're in no matter how much the truth, and thinking for yourself, hurts.

Incredible. Are you serious? And you are located in the Cosmos too? The 9/11 claim and the moon landings conspiracy are fairly preposterous and only a nutcase would think otherwise.

Anyway whats that got to do with Chris's story? :rolleyes:

I'm guessing you think that China and Russia and most Middle Eastern countries are the "bad guys" while the imperialistic world bully-empire known as the United States, along with it's followers (for the most part: Australia, Canada, Western Europe, Israel, and Saudi Arabia), are the "good guys".

Well if he doesn't, I sure do think that. Except for the Saudi Arabia bit.:cautious::D:sneaky:

Incredible. Are you serious? And you are located in the Cosmos too? The 9/11 claim and the moon landings conspiracy are fairly preposterous and only a nutcase would think otherwise.
What's crazy, preposterous, and incredible, is that you think its crazy, preposterous, incredible, etc. Again, I revert back to my previous post (post #24).

I never mentioned anything about the moon landings or, for that matter, reptilians, a hollow Earth, etc. etc. etc.

Yes, I do live in the Cosmos. You must be even more clueless than I thought for making that "cosmos" statement. You live in the cosmos as-well, so does everyone and everything.

Anyway whats that got to do with Chris's story? :rolleyes:
What's it have to do with it? Again, it may be difficult for you understand that he wrote it in his story/article. That's what it has to do with his story.

Well if he doesn't, I sure do think that. Except for the Saudi Arabia bit.:cautious::D:sneaky:
The fact that you admit that, not to mention so happily admit that, shows just how ignorant and brainwashed you are beyond measure.

Last edited:
Yes, I do live in the Cosmos. You must be even more clueless than I thought for making that "cosmos" statement. You live in the cosmos as-well, so does everyone and everything.

No need for insults young man. I know I live in the cosmos, but unlike you I'm a normal chap who puts his location down properly and I use my real name. And I believe in facts.

On a slightly different note, I'm guessing you think that China and Russia and most Middle Eastern countries are the "bad guys" while the imperialistic world bully-empire known as the United States, along with it's followers (for the most part: Australia, Canada, Western Europe, Israel, and Saudi Arabia), are the "good guys".

Well as a Brit I can tell you for sure that neither our government nor Bernie are the "good guys" but we do at least have the best F1 teams here which is something we can be proud of. Anyway, lets stick to talking about racing as it's RD after all.

The fact that you admit that, not to mention so happily admit that, shows just how ignorant and brainwashed you are beyond measure.
I have heard of the species but have never come into contact with one previously. You know the type, non members, no real name, no location and quite happy to insult, call names and act how they like. What are they called again? Oh yes I remember:
keyboard_warrior-1588055_zpsodw1nsxj.jpg

Anyway, lets stick to talking about racing as it's RD after all.
You mean racing conspiracies? ;) :D

You mean racing conspiracies? ;) :D

It's a shame that they really seem to have clamped down on a lot of the dodgy goings on in F1. Personally, I miss the days of things like hidden launch control, cars running underweight due to secondary water tanks emptying, flexi wings, driver weight fiddles, etc. Now all we get to hear about are blooming driver haircuts :(

The lack of coverage of Mercedes was noticeable. But is Bernie really mad at Mercedes? To sell your engine to a key rival would be foolish. Especially if they are to be bought by another rival VW./Audi/Porsche.

I said no, but I wouldn't doubt if it did happen on purpose. F1 is so damn political its almost a farce to watch sometime. I every other sport the leader dominates the coverage whether or not there is a battle or not. Althought there usually isn't a battle unless Nico is running good.

Isn't Suzuka / Japan generally the way it was for this race in the way that the TV guys actually focus on the race for whatever position rather than following just the leader like most of the other countries? Or at least to me it always seems like we see more midpack stuff from Japan than most other GPs...

I always thought that the world feed was put together by some group from the country of the GP and then sent around the world rather than being solely directed by FOM.

Maybe McLaren just have to ask Dallara to give a GP2 chassis with an engine

That's what Alonso has asked for Right? :)

But back to topic

Who wants to see a silver car leading 53 laps

FOM didn't do it on purpose

It's just that f1 is more exciting in the midfield

I always thought that the world feed was put together by some group from the country of the GP and then sent around the world rather than being solely directed by FOM.
That's what I thought too.
I like your avatar. It looks like you have an "Empty Box" on your head. :whistling:

Isn't Suzuka / Japan generally the way it was for this race in the way that the TV guys actually focus on the race for whatever position rather than following just the leader like most of the other countries? Or at least to me it always seems like we see more midpack stuff from Japan than most other GPs...

As far as I know the world feed is always done by FOM except for Monaco as they have/want to have their own director.

A good example of team ignorance was FI in Bahrain a few weeks ago where they got like 60 seconds TV coverage in all Sat and Sunday sessions that was really a case of Bernie teaching a lesson. I didnt notice any less merc coverage compared to most races this season. If you drive into the distance you rarely get coverage was the same with Vettel.

Max Verstappen got an exceptional amount of air-time today during the race. Noticed the lack of Mercedes coverage as well and I think the director himself noticed it too?

In the last lap the focus was on Hamilton for half a lap and when he passed the checkered flag the camera didn't leave his side. Correct me if I am wrong but I haven't seen any of the other cars crossing the finish line after Hamilton.

Nevertheless, some good battles shown today :)

Intentionally ?, I'd say no, as many others have stated there was plenty of other highlights to cover, from Max's great run overall, to Alonso's comment, and to that great battle for 12th, it may just be coincidence that it came across as Mercedes being ignored.

Great race overall though, F1 needs more events like it, looking forward to CoTA.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back