• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

DDS Exporter/Importer - Photoshop CS5 64bit (Tutorial)

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Paul Minnaar, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Paul Minnaar

Paul Minnaar

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi all. Hope this helps someone in the future.
    The nVidia DDS 'save as' function does not work in PS 64 bit, so after some searching , I found the following:

A thread on the subject http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62179

and a link to the exporter download you will need http://docs.kaneva.com/mediawiki/index.php/Photoshop_DDS_Exporter#Download

You will also need to install the nVidia Texture Tools 2 http://developer.nvidia.com/object/texture_tools.html

Once downloaded, extract the files into the photoshop folder 'presets/scripts' like this:
    PS64_DDSUtils_installDir.png

Then in Photoshop CS5 64 bit, once you have got your files ready for DDS export with alpha etc., use the 'file' - 'scripts' drop down, which will look like this now:
    dds exporter 1.jpg

Once selected, a DDS Exporter window will pop up with options for file types like this:
    dds exporter 2.jpg

The other files types in the drop down list are :
    dds exporter 3.jpg

I do hope this helps someone along the way in the future, good luck.
    Paul

Attached Files:

2. Pangaea

Pangaea

Ratings:
    +10
    thanks for the heads up on this , was planning to upgrade my ps soon

how dose ps perform in general in x64 mode btw? noticeable difference?

3. Paul Minnaar

Paul Minnaar

Ratings:
    +2
    Notable you ask, bwahah ahaah, it is lightning fast. I have a really high spec machine at work so it really does buzz along very neatly. Adobe products have needed 64 bit for a long time, they now perform incredibly well.

4. The Bat Dad

The Bat Dad

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Paul,
    I have a message that comes up whenever I try to import a DDS file; "Invalid File Path: Please restart the script and select a valid file path."
    All the required programs are installed to the default locations so I have no idea why this is happening.
    Does this happen to you when you try to import a DDS file?
    I am using Photoshop CS5 extended 64 bit
    any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

5. Paul Minnaar

Paul Minnaar

Ratings:
    +2
    Strange Bat Dad, I have just tried importing, and it worked fine. File > Scripts > DDS Importer, point to dds file and it worked.

6. jwlagina

jwlagina

Ratings:
    +0
    I seem to have the same issue as Bat Dad. If I try to save a file as a .dds, the dialog box comes up but clicking on "Save File" seems to do nothing

7. dukenukem

dukenukem

Ratings:
    +0
  8. Paul Minnaar

Paul Minnaar

Ratings:
    +2
    This is great news, must head on over and have a look, thanks for sharing

9. Nikron

Nikron

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys. I downloaded the new nvidia plug-in but apparently it does not work. it still give me the error "Invalid File Path: Please restart the script and select a valid file path." Perhaps i am not installing it properly.
    Please, can anyone help me on how to install this plug-in? Which folder should i choose to install it.

Thank you.