Daytona 2017

Tracks Daytona 2017 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Any idea on when the dynamic grooves will be ready?
I will look into updating this track soon. Terra if thats cool with you. Its needs the groove and the physics mesh sorting. Also need to reduce the material count for this track. That should sort any performance issues. I really have a note book on my desk full of to do lists on various tracks. I somtimes wish i could just do this full time. But i cant. Always working for the man just to make money doing things i dont want to do. Ahhhhh well soon

I will look into updating this track soon. Terra if thats cool with you. Its needs the groove and the physics mesh sorting. Also need to reduce the material count for this track. That should sort any performance issues. I really have a note book on my desk full of to do lists on various tracks. I somtimes wish i could just do this full time. But i cant. Always working for the man just to make money doing things i dont want to do. Ahhhhh well soon

When you can get the physical mesh/groove/optimizations done you'll have a small donation coming your way.

Terra21 updated Daytona 2017 with a new update entry:

Update v1.0

• Updated terrain textures with google map image for a more realistic looking grass
  • Added new more realistic lighting around the track
  • added various new textures around track (for eg striped barriers to bring inline with current look, new road details, crowds, etc etc etc)
  • Added both oval and road course layouts
  • Brand new AI lines
  • Dyamanic groove inc oval
  • Added new surrounding building and city skyline panorama for more presence
  • Reduced materials as much as...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Beautiful in Night Mode!
Screenshot_ginetta_supercup2017_rhd_daytona_2017_14-11-117-10-40-8.jpg

Why at the end of each lap (road course) they retire in groups of 3, 4 or 5 drivers without reason come back to the pit (I try with new Ginetta Cup Mod)?

Edit: I try once again and all is ok (this time with Lotus Exos 125).
I try once again with Kunos Porsche 911 RSR 2017 and all is ok.

What's the difference between official Kunos cars and new modded?

Last edited:
That Toyota has 'issues', probably not a good car to test with.

This track is getting nicer and nicer, thank you very much. 3d curbs instead of the current flat ones on the exit of the bus stop chicane would be amazing, if possible.

@Terra21
Good progress on the recents update!
As this version replicates the 2017 track you could remove the grandstand on the backstraight, it was demolished during 2015. Should gain some performance.
dis_2017.JPG

On the pit exit there are missing some kerbs, walls and grass:
dis_2017_2.JPG

The naming on the lights kn5 differs between the model ini and the folder:
ini: FILE=daytonalightson.kn5
folder: daytonalightson1.kn5

And if you want to turn off the lights via the other off.kn5 or not loading the light kn5 at all, you still have the big light posts turned on.

The overall DIP is on the high side, it moves between 2000 - 3500 around the lap.

Why at the end of each lap (road course) they retire in groups of 3, 4 or 5 drivers without reason come back to the pit (I try with new Ginetta Cup Mod)?

Edit: I try once again and all is ok (this time with Lotus Exos 125).
I try once again with Kunos Porsche 911 RSR 2017 and all is ok.

What's the difference between official Kunos cars and new modded?
Any news?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 218 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 159 7.7%
  • < 5 years