Daytona 2017

Tracks Daytona 2017 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Terra21 submitted a new resource:

Daytona Roadcourse - Daytona RC

View attachment 178004
Daytona Road Course for AC By Terra21 with Permission From Alex Coutie and is based on his RF2 Track found here http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/daytona-sces-road-course.5197/

-Shaders Updated
-New Objects and Textures Throughout Track
- New Sponsor Boards
- Road Texture updated with Fresnal Mutlimap Details
- Dynamic Air Balloon
- Sections.ini added for corner names
- 3 Cameras and Working AI
-43 Pitboxes

Work In Progress for Version 1.0

Read more about this resource...

• Deleted member 130869

I'm shocked at how it looks vs the original. Very good to have a legal version available, and very nice that permission was granted.

Tire walls are not walls. Also DIP is still a tad high overall. Overall not bad and for once it doesn't seem to be an SRW rip.
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_r_2016_daytona_roadcourse_8-3-117-10-59-58.jpg

Ha, that's the same track as the one on the AC Reboot page but apparently 5 days younger, I knew the pictures seemed familiar :roflmao:

What's the difference to the AC Reboot one?

It is nice to have a version that's legal. And for once AI seems to work too.

I've seen a night version on Youtube a while ago but I assume that's based on a rip... would it be possible to do something like that (or like Yas Marina) with this one?

ok thanks didnt notice it at all
It is nice to have a version that's legal. And for once AI seems to work too.

I've seen a night version on Youtube a while ago but I assume that's based on a rip... would it be possible to do something like that (or like Yas Marina) with this one?
nah mate not really interested in night tracks for AC driving cars without headlights in the dark aint my thing:laugh: will let kunos worry about it lol. the youtube one is a SRW track which was taken down here not long ago

Is an oval version on the way?
no
Tire walls are not walls. Also DIP is still a tad high overall. Overall not bad and for once it doesn't seem to be an SRW rip.
View attachment 178067
thanks i totally missed that .have now made them physical. and fixed the huge hole in the wall at turn 7 that someone pointed out. will wait and see if anything else pops up before uploading the fixes

What a great addition to AC! Something I noticed is that the AI tends to brake at the start/finish-line and at the fast left turn in the infield.
AI in AC sure do some weird things and can often be hit and miss at the best times.but they seem to perform decent enough for racing when i have tested them here..but i guess the ai can always be looked at again in future if needed. not too sure if many people know this....but you can make your own ai lines in AC from the apps list ingame to suit how you want ai to perform.even though some tracks can be very hard to create good ai for especially tight street circuits where hints and boundaries come into the fold:x3: but really its not that hard to learn how to do

Edit: ninja'd!

You may be able to coax them around the circuit properly with some AI hints and adjustments to the line - I'm not the one to consult on that subject concerning track settings, my experience is on the car side. AC's AI system isn't ideal in a number of ways, but a lot of the problems people have are with it not being set up properly, not necessarily what's inherent to the game.

AI in AC sure do some weird things and can often be hit and miss at the best times.but they seem to perform decent enough for racing when i have tested them here..but i guess the ai can always be looked at again in future if needed. not too sure if many people know this....but you can make your own ai lines in AC from the apps list ingame to suit how you want ai to perform.even though some tracks can be very hard to create good ai for especially tight street circuits where hints and boundaries come into the fold:x3: but really its not that hard to learn how to do

You are right. Even on Kunos Tracks the ai acts weird and brakes sometimes where they should be able to go full throttle.:O_o: Especially at the red bull ring...
At your daytona the ai does have a very good pace in general and they even try to overtake. Had some intense fights yesterday. thanks again for bringing this great track to AC! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The track looks gorgeous! It needs some minor surface details in both texture and 3D model, but it's a 9/10!
I had a pretty fun 40 laps race against other GT3 cars around here.
The AI at 100% runs in the 1.48 and behave very well, despite a couple of issues that other guys report previously :)
Senza nome.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 132 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.1%
  • < 5 years