• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Daytona 250 2/24 8pm

Discussion in 'Xbox One | NASCAR Friday Night Heat Series' started by Michael Watts, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Michael Watts

Michael Watts
    XB1 Gamertag: michaei watts Premium

Ratings:
    +1,075
    Daytona

February 24th 8pm

[​IMG]
    Custom Setups
    Simulation Physics
    Sessions:
    Qualifying 3%
    Race length 50%
    Points based on NASCAR scale starting at Number of Cars entered.
    +3 for Winner (+3 Bonus Chase Points and Automatically entered into the Chase)
    +1 for Lap Leader
    +1 for Most Laps Lead

Confirmed Entry List:
    #19- Michael Watts
    #27- Bob Warren

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  2. omracer

omracer

Ratings:
    +18
    #27- Bob Warren- omracer

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium

Ratings:
    +3,005
    Mike, I'll elaborate later, but this game exceeded my expectations (and Peter's) by about 1000%. Sure, there are still some major issues, but I think they nailed the important stuff. I'd be glad to participate (time permitting) in any league you create. Count me in for this one.

P.S. - I have run up to Richmond in my career (on my You Tube); 50% races, full damage, SIM physics. I'm 24th I think. Being "in the pack" is so enjoyable, I sometimes forget to be patient. The A.I., IMO, are almost flawless.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,005
    #21 - OctoberDusk06

The original schedule says Daytona 250 miles Jan 20th 2017. But I assume it's this Friday instead?

5. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,005
    Any setup tips? I'm cluless about them on NASCAR ovals. I have been running those from this guy:

But I find them too loose at the longer tracks. I'm 20th in career through Richmond, and most setups have been comfortable, but not THAT comfortable.

I found this page and it's been pretty helpful:
    http://www.oocities.org/halford_m/files/Nascar_Heat_Setup_Guide.htm

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lucas Gortman

Lucas Gortman

Ratings:
    +67
    I'll race. #20 x TACO LOVER xx Lucas Gortman. I'm glad we're doing this hopefully we have some racers. If not I'll wait for PCars2 for some league racing..

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,005
    Is there any way to add A.I. to multiplayer?

8. Rebel Whitey

Rebel Whitey

Ratings:
    +15
    Out. I was hoping to run this series, but work schedule is in the way. May still make an odd race or two. Good luck.

9. Lucas Gortman

Lucas Gortman

Ratings:
    +67
    Good racing everyone. I can't wait for next week.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,005
    Had a blast. The physics are enough to keep me well riveted, and that, along with a pretty lenient damage model :laugh:, allows dome real fun. Here is my video, but it may take a while to load. I'll comment later. Had a good battle with several cars, and some unfortunate "incidents" but this oval racing is completely underestimated. Hope we can get the numbers up. Thanks for hosting Mike.

• Like Like x 1
  11. omracer

omracer

Ratings:
    +18
    Had a blast also. Thanks to Mike for all the organizing and to Rob for the video.. I got to get that Twitch thing , it really helps to find and correct flaws in your game. Looking forward to Atlanta with a better gear selection for restarts.. Sorry for any problems from that.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rebel Whitey

Rebel Whitey

Ratings:
    +15
    Watched last half of the race on Rob's channel. Looks like I'll be trying to leave work early on Fridays. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Michael Watts

Michael Watts
    XB1 Gamertag: michaei watts Premium

Ratings:
    +1,075
    Unfortunately Not Robert. I asked the very same question to the Dev's months ago and before the game was released and apparently it can't be added to this platform. But I think it may be something to come in the next title. I wish I had been able to answer your setup questions before the race. I would have loved to have had a closer field. The drafting is really effective and works. I could only run a 45.1 by myself and in BigRick's draft I was hitting 44.60's and backing off the throttle into turn 3. The racing was good when we could get a long green flag. If Anyone needs help with Atlanta I have a decent setup. It's not the fastest but I can hit low 29's with it. Tire wear will be more of an issue at Atlanta. It won't be as noticeable like PCars, but when the tires get worn at Atlanta you will see a difference in your handling.

• Like Like x 1