Daytona 24 Hour Discussion Thread

people saying "fewest yellows ever at daytona", if that indeed is true, the must have balanced the field nicely. in quali, prototypes were 6 secs faster than gtlm and 3 secs faster than gt3. seems to be enough to pull the field apart and provide overtaking oportunities if everyone plays along. with some of the traffic it was interesting to watch how everyone clearly seemed to know what his/her [hello katherine legge] part was.

Love to see Ford still running 1 - 2 in GTLM ... with Corvettes in 3Rd and 4th.

Last night FS (1 or 2) allowed viewers to see ... and hear ... a lap inside various of the cars. The sound in the Vette is amazing. I hope that Assetto Corsa was listening to what the cars really sound like.

Besides the 12 and 24 I wait till the IMSA YouTube rebroadcast are released and avoid for a day news of the race. The Fox broadcast with the non-stop stories of when I was a driver... or inside stories of some after hours get togethers.... or the constant interviews on pit lane... and now lets break for a commercial you never get into the rhythm of the race. Think they could just STFU for 30 seconds and let us enjoy the race.:( Or let us stream it with just sounds from the track mic. Maybe I have been watching too long.:geek:

Besides the 12 and 24 I wait till the IMSA YouTube rebroadcast are released and avoid for a day news of the race. The Fox broadcast with the non-stop stories of when I was a driver... or inside stories of some after hours get togethers.... or the constant interviews on pit lane... and now lets break for a commercial you never get into the rhythm of the race. Think they could just STFU for 30 seconds and let us enjoy the race.:( Or let us stream it with just sounds from the track mic. Maybe I have been watching too long.:geek:

No, it's a very fair comment my friend. I remember when ITV in the UK got the F1 coverage and for the first few broadcasts they were forever going to ad breaks. The backlash was so fierce they very quickly changed the way they showed the races.

It was a long time ago now, but when I was in America on a short holiday I just decided to watch a quick bit of TV. I really don't know how you guys cope with all the adverts. It drove me nuts! lol :)

The Fox broadcast with the non-stop stories of when I was a driver... or inside stories of some after hours get togethers.... or the constant interviews on pit lane... and now lets break for a commercial you never get into the rhythm of the race. Think they could just STFU for 30 seconds and let us enjoy the race.:(

FS gets caught up in the blab-blab-blab so much they miss so much of what is going on out on the track. About an hour ago while FS was doing some back ground story on a car or driver, in the back ground but in plain sight of the viewers, a yellow and black prototype car was spinning wildly. Fox missed it entirely ... and never gave any explanation of the incident.

17 hours in and looks like a good pace to break the record.
114.794 MPH Average (1982)
2,760.86 miles

574 laps @ 17 hours = 33.764 laps per hour X 24 Hours = 810 laps X 3.56 miles per lap = 2883.6 miles
Still on pace :)
706 laps @ 21 hours = 33.619 laps per hour X 24 hours = 806 laps X 3.56 miles per lap = 2,869.36 miles

for the love of god can Fox Sports Racing change their frigen commercial its been the same ones for the last 2 years , I have to put the mute on or change the channel everytime !

Considering F1 doesn't start till after Sebring I wonder if Alonso will have an opportunity to race

Less than two hours to go and rain in the forecast for the finish. Could be an interesting last hour.

Fords still 1 - 2 with Corvettes running 3 -4 in GTLM.

Don't know if you guys agree with me but I feel like the #5 is taking it a little too easy. I'm wondering if they are nursing a slight issue.

2nd place car back on the lead lap. If a FCY comes out it they will be right together.

EDIT: Just an awesome battle in GTD.

Don't know if you guys agree with me but I feel like the #5 is taking it a little too easy. I'm wondering if they are nursing a slight issue.
On the broadcast here they said it is an over heating issue and trying to keep it under control by setting a rev limit.

Interesting with the #5 issues and the #31 having to have a driver change with less than an hour remaining because their rookie was shy by 2 minutes of achieving the minimum limit, and rain could still come.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 343 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%