Daytona 2017

Tracks Daytona 2017 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
There is a problem on "oval wall" , on curve of the wall, whe you go close appears a black square and an colision with no wall contact.
see the link:
yes am aware of this and will post update shortly addressing the issue... as well as the tirewalls not being collidable. also fix missing section of physical wall on the exit of the infield section etc..

This gets better and better! I really enjoyed racing this version with a complete field.

Only few things are bugging me currently:
- the AI will always hit the breaks around the left kink at start / finish line instead of going full throttle around it causing for unrealistic break and hesitate at that spot

- please make the cones at T1 as flyable objects soon - these just have to be knocked over by me going wide every other lap ;-)

- take a close look at how bus stop exit is handled at the real races at Daytona in regards of cones / tire walls / barriers and what exit / cut is allowed

It's a great track and I wish we had day / night transitions in Assetto Corsa and proper illumination to race this track!

This is why they brake in the tri-oval

Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017_daytona_roadcourse_31-3-117-10-0-6.jpg

This can also cause issues (red line boundary)
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017_daytona_roadcourse_31-3-117-10-0-39.jpg

And this
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017_daytona_roadcourse_31-3-117-10-1-0.jpg

And this
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017_daytona_roadcourse_31-3-117-10-1-9.jpg

And this
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017_daytona_roadcourse_31-3-117-10-1-18.jpg

And you should turn off shadows on the balloons
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017_daytona_roadcourse_31-3-117-10-1-33.jpg

i done the fastlane ages ago...Will have another look . @LilSki what causes those little breaks/gaps in the fastlane?
When an offshoot is set to a surface that is "valid" track. Valid track surfaces is how the AI edges are defined and not by anything else. Not even walls. There are a few ways to fix this. One is set those areas as a new surface (I use CONFINE as a surface key) that can be set to invalid track when recording the line. After recording you can set it back to valid.

This is another way
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/riverside-international-raceway.122818/page-5#post-2290079

Mountain peak was a conversion I was involved with a while back. It was the first oval/road course that I got the AI to work properly on. I suggest you take a look at that.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5gukd2224wio8ue/mountainpeak.7z?dl=0

Someday I'll update it some more and upload it here.

@LilSki Yeah lately i have used the method like your confine one. which does work and has helped me with tight street circuits which are harder to get pack racing ai to not clip the walls. causing half the field to retire...Thanks though your other tip you gave me a while ago helped solve boundary issue's.that had me stumped why the red line would sometimes intrude onto the racing line

@LilSki Yeah lately i have used the method like your confine one. which does work and has helped me with tight street circuits which are harder to get pack racing ai to not clip the walls. causing half the field to retire...Thanks though your other tip you gave me a while ago helped solve boundary issue's.that had me stumped why the red line would sometimes intrude onto the racing line
I thought you knew about most of it but I have hard time remember 2 hours ago much less if I told you about it months ago. Being you said you made that line a long time ago makes sense.

@LilSki @Terra21 - Thank you guys so much for working together on this. The AI is really close on this one. I had some incredibly lifelike battles last night with a tight grouping of supercars. Just want to let you guys know that you're making dreams come true here.

Terra21 the overall look of this Daytona mod is fantastic. Brought me right back to a recent trackday there, only now I can battle huge fields of any class of car I desire. I threw my dad out there (remotely, he lives in FL with his own rig) in some gt3's and now he can't stop talking about it. Lol. Dreams coming true, fellas.

We pretend to use this track in our championship but the bug on oval walls continue.
See the video. We thanks if you can fix this. I think the problem is the "collision.kn5" file where is above of the track on oval curve.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing