F1 2011 David Coulthards Chin & Antennas Thread

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
For every camera, there is this line:
<Parameter name="highResInterior" type="bool" value="true" />

If you change it to
<Parameter name="highResInterior" type="bool" value="false" />

You should get antennas back - although the cockpit will be low res - you must do this to every car camera.xml file.

Info here mate -

http://www.racedepartment.com/f1-2011-game/64514-david-coulthards-chin-antennas-thread.html

2011092209131292.jpg

I don't get it why do people keep asking about that antenna. I'd rather have a neat cockpit interior with all the gizmos, than something sticking from the car and blocking the view.

• Deleted member 6919

I would actually like to see them back in with high-res cockpits, just looks cool watching them vibrate in the wind.

yeah really considering that oscillating body work is one of the few features we got this year. about the only time it is seen is during the intro trailer.

Its not - it all looks pretty good when spectating races :D

so do you do this with wordpad to open the file? i just dont wanna screw the game up anymore than it already is. lol

No you need to convert the binary.xml to text and then edit in wordpad, and then convert it back.
There is a utility for doing the conversion in the mods section.

I don't get it why do people keep asking about that antenna. I'd rather have a neat cockpit interior with all the gizmos, than something sticking from the car and blocking the view.

How on earth is it blocking the view... the aerials are TINY!

How this is blocking the view is way beyond me. Why some of us need them... I use them as corner/balance guides for judgement. Without them they feel alien with no sense of balance or judgment.

God, they are so thin they are like sewing needles.

6228503516_0bcf1290f8_b.jpg

6205503376_7a23665904_b.jpg

6205541778_e7c30a07e4_b.jpg

Can I have the file converted please? (sorry my bad english, I m from Italy)
The convert program doesn't work with my computer.
I'm asking only for the camera's.xml with the antennas enlable, if is it possible :(
Thx very much

I found the line to enable antennas

For every camera, there is this line:
<Parameter name="highResInterior" type="bool" value="true" />

If you change it to
<Parameter name="highResInterior" type="bool" value="false" />

You should get antennas back. I tested it with the Red Bull t-cam, it works. I don't know any adverse effects with disabling highresinterior, I'll check it out. I couldn't have found it without Amfion's tips, thank you very much :)

What program are you using to view and edit these files? Will any free XML editor work? I'm trying to use FirstObject to open the cameras.xml files but I don't get that type of code. Do I need to convert it first?

What program are you using to view and edit these files? Will any free XML editor work? I'm trying to use FirstObject to open the cameras.xml files but I don't get that type of code. Do I need to convert it first?

Yes, you need to convert them first. You can use this program to convert some xmls: http://www.racedepartment.com/f1-20...e-added-fergo-binxml-gui-frontend-binxml.html (I'm not sure if Ryder's xml converter works). Then you can view the converted files with notepad/wordpad.

I know it's a small thing, but I do want the aerials back. I was a bit disappointed that you lose the hi-res cockpits with the fix I posted.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back