F1 2011 David Coulthards Chin & Antennas Thread

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Lmao! Poor DC :p
Although I don't get why people are worked up about antenna's now, what will it be next? Ferrari isn't quite the right tint of red?
In real life a driver can look round the antenna but because it's on a flat screen in the game you can't focus it out like they can in real and it affects the vision for some, personally I think the cars look better without them, and that was after I noticed which it took me a while to tbh.

I totally agree, but with one exception to the norm.....

12826703.jpg
Haha true

""In real life a driver can look round the antenna""".....ahahahaha,,,,you make me laugh.
M8, believe me thy cant move their heads that much how you think,,I had the chance 2 seat in F1 car and thy don't see much from cockpit.
Anyway,,,antennas are there in real life,next year take off wheels cause I cant see properly corners.

In Turkey this year, Nico Rosberg gave an interview to the German TV broadcaster, describing how an F1 driver sits inside the cockpit. He said that in his 2010 Mercedes, he was actually unable to see the road in front of him (consistently, in the game, off all the cockpits, you can see the least in the Mercedes). This year, they apparently adjusted his seat a little, so that he can now actually see something; but he also stated that he's still entering corners pretty much blind, due the fact that the head is pressed down under breaking due to the high G-forces.
So despite the fact that the effect in the Coulthard video might be exaggerated by the distance between chin and eyes, that PoV is certainly not far from the truth.

On the topic of the antenna: I found it very annoying when I started playing the game but now am barely noticing it any more. But I can definitely see why CM would want to make 2011 a bit more appealing to beginners.

Remove safety car,,,bring me back my antennas,,,,plsssss :redface:.

Seriously?
Take out a significant feature of real F1 action, in place of a little metal stick that makes no difference to the game or experience??
That's taking cosmetically fussy to a new level!

If you spend your races looking at how realistic your anntenna looks then my friend it's a wonder you ever finish a race!

Seriously?
Take out a significant feature of real F1 action, in place of a little metal stick that makes no difference to the game or experience??
That's taking cosmetically fussy to a new level!

If you spend your races looking at how realistic your anntenna looks then my friend it's a wonder you ever finish a race!

Is not question I will look antenna ore not,,the thing is that exist in real F1 cars and that is fact,,and m8 about safety car I was joking,,if you know what that word mean.

Yea. options... Imagine that I just want to play F1 game, didn't got sims before. And I see in options "visible antenas". I would LOL hard.

I don't mind about them. More important question: Will we can check our KERS load in cocpit view? Game is not showing part od HUD (that's OK, we have these informations of wheels) in this view. I didn't see KERS status on wheel.

So in order to please a small amount of people CM should use more disk space to put options for antennas on or off? Are people on this forum for real...?
Has to be said though.. if people are complaining about the smallest and pettiest of things it must mean the game is pretty dam good, just a shame there still has to be moaners.

The problem with the antennas is bigger than "only visual" - From real world view. The main thing with the antennas is that antennas are used by many drivers as apex finder (some cars have additional apex finder mounted on nose). It's the same as when you firing rifle. Antenna is the center point of the car so it will help you to perfectly place the car on the apex.

By the way i love the game and i'm not sad about the missing antennas. I'll be happy if the handling is good, graphics, 2010 bugs are gone, dynamic weather and track etc. I don't have the game. I'm still waiting for the postman to ring the bell twice :).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%