Resource icon

Misc Database Mod 2.2.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Yeah, there was 2 things I was thinking about.

1: as you said, increase the DRS effect on the AI

2: But also, decrease a little the draft effect the player have, feels like it way to easy to overtake because of the draft effect. And also maybe decrease the DRS little bit for the player

But didnt want to do those things before I had some feedback on what other people thinks. So what do you gues think about that?
Decreasing the draft that the player gets makes sense to me, it seems pretty over the top.

I'm not sure about decreasing the player's DRS though - for one thing it would affect qualifying times which could throw off the difficulty balance, unless you also adjust AI quali performance.

Great mod, especially the wet weather pace changes. I was really enjoying the game, until it rained, then it was pointless almost to even bother trying to race. Now I can race the AI, but it's still tricky as I play without any assists, so before the only hope to keep up was to turn on TC, but this always felt like cheating to me.

Only possible problem I'm having is in career, I'm at McLaren, and have just finished Bahrain, the 3rd race. Every race so far button has retired, is this a potential issue or has he just been super unlucky?

Nice mod too, but i'm just dissapointed about AI agressivity and reaction when overtacking
I play on expert with G25, the pace is ok for me because of wheel spining but when AI try to overtake me, they just touch me in the back and stop completly overtaking, so they loose positions if some cars are behind
And the AI agressivity is not so good for me, not enought yet
Maybe i could try Legend, but i'm affraid the pace will be to hight for me

Great mod, especially the wet weather pace changes. I was really enjoying the game, until it rained, then it was pointless almost to even bother trying to race. Now I can race the AI, but it's still tricky as I play without any assists, so before the only hope to keep up was to turn on TC, but this always felt like cheating to me.

Only possible problem I'm having is in career, I'm at McLaren, and have just finished Bahrain, the 3rd race. Every race so far button has retired, is this a potential issue or has he just been super unlucky?

Glad you like it :D

And yeah, think Button has just ben really unlucky. But do you know if his has crashed out or mechanical problem?

Decreasing the draft that the player gets makes sense to me, it seems pretty over the top.

I'm not sure about decreasing the player's DRS though - for one thing it would affect qualifying times which could throw off the difficulty balance, unless you also adjust AI quali performance.

Yeah, that is way I havent decreased the DRS for players because of Qualifying. So im still trying to figure out how to make the overtaking in this game more realistic, without making to much changes to the database, so people(and speccialy me... think I have had 10 Melbourne races and 0 in the others track on career mode..:p ) dont need to start a new career again..

Sofar the way seems to be deacreasing the draft the players get, and try to make more adjustments to the AI, but thats hard... I have come to a point where the AI is almost at max even it its far from where I wants it to be... Since if I increase the AI overtaking and all that A LITTLE BIT now, then they have ALOT of crashes...:p

Martin Larsen updated Database Mod with a new update entry:

Added 7 Additional Tracks by Matt Drummond support

2,1 Update:
  • Added 7 additional tracks by Matt Drummond support, for grand prix and time trial
Instalation:
Unpack the folder, take the cars, database and tracks folder over to youre F1 2014 instalation folder. Then Chose slow, medium, original or fast wet pace for the AI, and take the ai folder in there over to F1 2014 instalation folder.

If you want 7 additional tracks, then take the database from ''Database 7additional tracks'' over to youre F1 2014...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great work, waited with installing the 5 and 7 additional tracks till the mod was compatible :D
Just ran a 3 lap race only Brands Hatch in GP mode with this mod installed, so far I didn't encounter any problems

Martin Larsen updated Database Mod with a new update entry:

Fixd the Valencia and Istanbul loading, added India

• Fixd the problem with loading Valencia and Istanbul
  • Added India, Delhi track

Instalation:

Unpack the folder, take the cars, database and tracks folder over to youre F1 2014 instalation folder. Then Chose slow, medium, original or fast wet pace for the AI, and take the ai folder in there over to F1 2014 instalation folder.

If you want 7 additional tracks, then take the database from ''Database 7additional tracks'' over to youre F1 2014 instalation folder.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Yeah, that is way I havent decreased the DRS for players because of Qualifying. So im still trying to figure out how to make the overtaking in this game more realistic, without making to much changes to the database, so people(and speccialy me... think I have had 10 Melbourne races and 0 in the others track on career mode..:p ) dont need to start a new career again..

Sofar the way seems to be deacreasing the draft the players get, and try to make more adjustments to the AI, but thats hard... I have come to a point where the AI is almost at max even it its far from where I wants it to be... Since if I increase the AI overtaking and all that A LITTLE BIT now, then they have ALOT of crashes...:p

hm I don´t know much about the databasething, but how about reduced DRS and half a second slower AI´s? don´t you think that would kind of match it?

What if I installed all the ctf and values of AI but not install the database?
as far as i know, AI driver will perform the same (so Williams in Tier 2 etc...), but if you drive the Williams you will be able to fight with Ferrari and Red Bull. So the .ctf file modify the car for you, and the database modify the car for the ai.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back