F1 2011 Database.bin what does each value mean

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi Guys,

Has enough experimentation been done so that someone can explain what each of the vaules mean in the database file and how/if they actually effect say ai performance?

I been using the database editing program but I am not convinced when making changes to individual driver performance it is actually making any difference in the game.

cheers

Well I've made these changes on both intermediate and professional. The wet weather ability definitely works. The mistakes and mechanical failures also definitely increased the dnfs (though I cannot tell whether they are mistakes, mech failures or both). I also believe, but am not yet certain, that I have decreased the wet weather chances, but have still to verify this.
But like you, I have seen no effect by changing the canned_xxx_events, which is a shame as I was hoping to see some more AI engine blowups!.

Sending me your changed database.bin file would be great. Can you upload it somewhere? Or send it directly on kromus_1@yahoo.com (there's underscore), thank you.

Sending me your changed database.bin file would be great. Can you upload it somewhere? Or send it directly on (there's underscore), thank you.
I'm on a different computer, but will send you the file in the morning. (I have had as many as 7 DNFs with this, and still a couple of races with none, but usually about 3 or 4, and I am currently on race 17). I hope you get similar results, it would be good to get a second confirmation that the changes are making a difference.

I'm on a different computer, but will send you the file in the morning. (I have had as many as 7 DNFs with this, and still a couple of races with none, but usually about 3 or 4, and I am currently on race 17). I hope you get similar results, it would be good to get a second confirmation that the changes are making a difference.

Ok, thank you, I'll wait :)

Edit: got your file, I'll try it later today

Edit 2:
Well how to say that... my experience is kinda.. weird
First race (GP mode) 20% melbourne, didn't happen a single crash, DNF etc.
Second race (GP mode) 100% monaco, crashings all over, lap 20 and about 4 DNFs (those are AI driving related maybe).

But overall experience is MUCH better than with my old DB, only thing is I simply can't get those "canned_XXX" events work...

Ok, thank you, I'll wait :)

Edit: got your file, I'll try it later today

Edit 2:
Well how to say that... my experience is kinda.. weird
First race (GP mode) 20% melbourne, didn't happen a single crash, DNF etc.
Second race (GP mode) 100% monaco, crashings all over, lap 20 and about 4 DNFs (those are AI driving related maybe).

But overall experience is MUCH better than with my old DB, only thing is I simply can't get those "canned_XXX" events work...

Yes, I don't know how well the changes will work in 20% races. I only do 100% and I feel that the whole game performs at its best at 100%.
I am also not getting any noticable changes from the canned-events_xxx files but am still testing these.
But I'm glad if it has helped for you, it has definitely improved it for me so I'm going to keep tweaking it as I go.

So, am I correct in thinking that changes in the database won't reflect in career mode unless you restart the career?
Still can't answer that one yet I'm sorry to say. Ran some tests in gp and career modes over the last couple of days but did not see enough results to be certain. If I can confirm it I'll reply again.

another one - you can edit the garage_id in the f1teams tab, so you can change the pitlane order according to where teams finished in the constructors championship. I'm just starting season 2 and this change worked immediately so the fact that I'm mid-career did not stop it from working.

another one - you can edit the garage_id in the f1teams tab, so you can change the pitlane order according to where teams finished in the constructors championship. I'm just starting season 2 and this change worked immediately so the fact that I'm mid-career did not stop it from working.
I did that last year until I got fed up with keeping track haha. You can also choose which side of the garage you want to be in using the database.

How can i change the driver's nationalities? I would like to put Kubica in Renault so I want to change the German flag from Heidfeld to the Polish flag.
Are you talking about the flag in the drivers standings table? If so I would think that would be changed in the database file. If you look at thef1 drivers tab there is a nationality id listed. So if you swap for example, Kubica with Petrov, and swap any other relevant info including nationality id, it should put Kubica and his flag in the right place. BUT I assume you must also make the relevant changes in f1drivers_f1teams as well, making sure the right driver is shown and the right ai_driver id as well. Hopefully this would work for you, but have not yet tried this myself.

I cannot find any of the things mentioned in this thread in database.bin . Any help ? I want more AI retirements and I also want Force India's speed to be improved so that they can score points. A download file is much appreciated.

Open the DB with Ryder Database Editor and look after the canned_events_driver, canned_events_round, canned_events_team and canned_events_track fields (in the left side). All the values in those fields are 0 by default. You can edit the values based on the ID's from ai_driver field, f1_teams, track_model. The canned_events_round is not necessarily to be edited. You can play with the values to obtain the results you wish.

Good luck!

I edited all "canned_events" 0 to 0.5. I played "practice and qualifying" and "race" in career mode but none DNF. I think
this is not for career mode.
I agree. All my tests so far are not producing the mechanical failures that we want EXCEPT raising the damage sensitivity in loose_parts_settings, which does increase dnfs. It is frustrating as other changes I make in database.bin ARE definitely working e.g. wet weather ability, pit lane garage order, drivers/teams - all of these change, even in career, but something else needs to be done to get the mechanical failures active I think? Can anyone shed any light on this, there are lots of people who would like to see some mechanical retirements. CM how about leaking a helpful clue out to the community :)

I don't know how it works for you guys, but I've edited the canned_events_driver, canned_events_team and canned_events_track and, in Melbourne, only 13 cars passed the finish line. There was 2 cars who retired because of a crash (Senna and Luizi) and 9 cars who retired because of mechanical problems (including my teammate, Barichello, because of engine blowing).
I don't remember exactly what values I've put in DB (I think is 0.05 in all the canned_events). But for team HRT I've put 0.3 at engine problems, for Virgin 0.4 at brake problems and Ferarri 0.35 at tire problems. I've also modified brake_late for Kobayashi, excessive_throttle for Petrov and so on.
But. After 11 retirements in Melbourne (a easy track) I have to use the Falcon's DB. Just imagine how it will be in Monaco with my values. :)

I don't know how it works for you guys, but I've edited the canned_events_driver, canned_events_team and canned_events_track and, in Melbourne, only 13 cars passed the finish line. There was 2 cars who retired because of a crash (Senna and Luizi) and 9 cars who retired because of mechanical problems (including my teammate, Barichello, because of engine blowing).
I don't remember exactly what values I've put in DB (I think is 0.05 in all the canned_events). But for team HRT I've put 0.3 at engine problems, for Virgin 0.4 at brake problems and Ferarri 0.35 at tire problems. I've also modified brake_late for Kobayashi, excessive_throttle for Petrov and so on.
But. After 11 retirements in Melbourne (a easy track) I have to use the Falcon's DB. Just imagine how it will be in Monaco with my values. :)
David can you please confirm whether you are talking about career mode or GP mode? Thanks.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 339 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 172 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%