1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Dash App?

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by 2scoops, May 6, 2016.

1. 2scoops

2scoops
    Premium Member

Someone told me about a Dash App that works on Android last night but I can't remember what it was called, can anyone recommend one please?

• Wow Wow x 1
  2. Simon Bacon

Simon Bacon
    Premium Member

I've been using Dashmeter Pro on an old phone. Not too bad.
    http://sensadigit.com/
    Think the tyre wear stats can be a bit hit and miss though.

3. 2scoops

2scoops
    Premium Member

Thats brilliant thank you :)

4. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

I was just wondering that as well as my tyre wear doesn't seem to move

5. Simon Bacon

Simon Bacon
    Premium Member

I wonder if it's anything to do with the updates for R3E. The rfactor(2) versions seem to work fine. Occasionally my R3E seems stuck at 99% for ages even though I'm getting decreased grip through the FFB - either that or I'm just driving like a plank:p

6. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

No mine is exactly the same. I've just emailed the sensadigit people.

7. Simon Bacon

Simon Bacon
    Premium Member

Seems it was last updated December 2015 so hopefully something new may appear.

• Like Like x 1
  8. KevinSammut

KevinSammut
    Premium Member

There is also HUD Dash for raceroom . tires wear also not working for some time now

• Sad Sad x 1
  9. 2scoops

2scoops
    Premium Member

Well I've downloaded dashpro how do I her the thing working. I found some ' nstructions but i cant translate them to windows 10

10. Simon Bacon

Simon Bacon
    Premium Member

I'm at work at the moment so can't verify, but off the top of my head, I set my phone to USB tethering in the phones settings. Connect phone to pc via USB. Run the test application in administrator mode on Windows. If successful a message should pop up on your phone saying you're linked. Sounds a bit garbled but I think that's the gist of it. I'll have a proper look when I get back in the morning.

11. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

I've had a reply back from sensadigit and it's not a known issue but he will look into it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 2scoops

2scoops
    Premium Member

I''ve have it on android tablet and can't seem to find the tethering setting

13. KevinSammut

KevinSammut
    Premium Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Simon Bacon

Simon Bacon
    Premium Member

Mine was under 'Settings' > 'More' > 'Mobile Network Sharing' > 'USB network setting' > 'Smart Network Sharing.' You can also use Wifi if tethering isn't available.

Once the app is on your tablet, run it, hold your finger on the screen until the Preferences menu appears. 'Preferences' > 'Help' will show you your tablets IP address.

Download http://sensadigit.com/media/plugins_dmp/DashMeterCom_GTRx_v1_2_0.zip and extract the folder to anywhere on your PC. Open it and the should be a file 'preferences.' Open that and substitute the Android IP_1 value with your tablet's IP address.(I also did the same for the IP_2 and IP_3 values.)

Save and Close that and open the app on your tablet. Run 'DashmeterCom_GTR' in admin mode on your PC, if all is good you should see the connected message on you Android screen. If not, go back to the 'preferences' file on your PC and change.'Extended_Buffer_Size = false;' to 'true.' Run everything again. Make sure nothing is downloading in the background on your tablet as well because I found that tends to bugger things up a bit.

Hope that helps.