1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apps Danny Giusa's tyre temperatures 1.6.2

tyre temperature auto detect app

1. Neys submitted a new resource:

Danny Giusa's tyre temperatures V1.5.1 - tyre temperature auto detect app

Read more about this resource...
    • Like Like x 4
  2. After reviewing the app notes (on the download page), your app looks awesome. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what all the values represent, nor am I aware of what the "spinner" represents, or even what it is.

Sorry for my ignorance, but would you mind uploading a screenshot with, for example, arrows indicating what each value represents, or even just post a more specific explanation regarding what info the app provides and where it can be found?

Also, if you wouldn't mind explaining more about the "spinner"?

I'm only asking because your app looks very useful.

3. Hi Michael,

The values shown are the following:

outer upper value: current temperature (°C)
    outer mid value: current pressure (psi)
    outer lower value: wear (%) as delivered by the AC API (100% = full grip level)
    inner upper values: temperature range of current lap
    inner lower value: maximum pressure

The "spinner" is the box where you can select the tyre type. Normally the tyre type is selected automatically by the app (for most built-in car / tyre combination), but for mod cars or new cars not yet implemented in the app you get "unknown" as tyre type. In this case you can select a specific tyre by clicking +/-. In square brackets, the optimal temperature range of the selected tyre is displayed, and the minimum temp is mapped to cyan, the maximum temp is mapped to yellow.

4. Thanks very much, I understand it now!

5. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

I noticed the Formula Abarth hard tyre doesn't get automatically selected because it's listed as "Soft", but has the temp range of the hards.
  6. installed the app, but it is not in my apps list in game.
  7. Did you enable the app in the start screen (under Options->General->UI)?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks for your answer. As I am new to the game, I have not noticed this option yet. Now it works. Great app, btw. :)
  9. Neys updated Danny Giusa's tyre temperatures with a new update entry:

Improve customization options / improve wear display accuracy

Read the rest of this update entry...
  10. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey

@Neys I seem to be having trouble getting the app to recognise the Cinturato tyres on the Lambo Miura.

I've followed your directions, and in the tyre_temp.ini I've
    But it still shows up as an "unknown" tyre in game. Am I doing something wrong? I suspect I am.
  11. post your py_log.txt and your tyre_temp.ini, and I'lll see what might be wrong.
  12. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey

Here mate :)

Attached Files:

13. Try this instead of the corresponding line in your version:

tyre_2_tyre_name = Cinturato (V)
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey

Yes! That worked! Thanks mate :thumbsup:
  15. Nice app. Would be good if there was some graphical representation of Tyre Wear rather than just a number. Here's an idea:-
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Hi Bobby,

thanks for these ideas. Unfortunately I'm quite busy at the moment, so it's impossible for me to implement that. I'd be happy to integrate a patch though :)

Greetings, Neys
  17. since I am new to PC and AC, maybe this is simple in one of the cfg/ ini files, but possible to change from PSI to bar or vice versa if needes? possible to change?