Danny Asbury: Applying for World Series or World Trophy Seat

Seasons Greetings Team Principles,​

My name is Danny Asbury, and this is my formal presentation to you for a seat on your
race team, respectively.​

Sim-Racing Experience: 3 years
League Experience: 8 leagues (Excluding my first 2 leagues where I was still a complete
novice.)
League Races: 53
Race Wins: 3
Podium Finishes: 8
Pole Positions: 0
League Championships: 0
Top 10 Qualifying Positions: 47

About me: as I mentioned above, I've been sim-racing for the past 3 years. I absolutely
love the hobby, and take being competitive very seriously. I put in a lot of practice for
each event, so I come prepared. Since starting sim-racing, I’ve always been climbing the
ladder, moving to bigger and better challenges, never really staying at the same spot for
very long. I think that's why I haven’t won any championships, simply due to the fact
that by the time I'm good enough, I've already moved on.​

This road has led me here to FSR. But I'm still trying to vastly improve as a driver.
I'm looking for an organization that will help me do that. And FSR looks like a good
place to try and take another step forward in my sim-career. It also looks like a place to be for a few years as I hone my skills, as it doesn’t get much better than this in terms of
competition. So if you Team Principles out there mind a new face around your team
paddock, I'd be happy to come in and 'try-out' for your club during the winter testing
months. All I ask for is a chance to prove myself, and if I don’t make the grade, so be
it. But I don’t mince words, and my goal is to reach the World Championship level before
I leave FSR. So I’m here to stay for however long that takes. Lol unless I’m old and
grey before that happens.​

Anyhow, below you'll find a video of me driving the FSR 2010 mod around Suzuka.
This video is nothing impressive, it’s a little test lap after a few 20 minute practice sessions to adjust to the mod, just so you principles can take a look at my driving.​

Also note that this lap was done with the stock setup, nothing is changed aside from
the steering lock. (Btw, I learned how to drive the F1 cars from the MMG mod [or Mak-Corp] on Race 07. I actually competed in some of the RD leagues here until I had to retire due to
my computer failing on me. But that's a deferent story, as those issues are resolved
now. )​

If you would like to see more from me, feel free to give me a setup and a target time.
I'll be more than happy to try and reach it for you with the setup provided. If you
don't trust me to keep setups to myself, then no problem. Just issue a target time that
is reachable with the stock setups and I'll give it my best.​

Final note: I am currently affiliated with Torrent Motorsports (I drive STC for them). I
have asked to be accepted into their FSR program, but that is pending at the moment. I
realize they might not have room for me, hence I started this thread to perhaps field
other offers. I am very much open to the idea of driving for another team. I just want to
be on the grid for FSR 2011, preferably at the WS level, but if nothing else is open I
could manage in WT. (Don't know what the process is for figuring out divisions.)​

Thanks for reading! Just PM me if you're interested.​

Hot Lap at Suzuka
Driver: Danny Asbury aka 'AeroDaNamic'
Time: 1:37.395
Setup: Stock (so about 30+ laps worth of fuel)

Edit: about my driving in the video. I'm aware I missed a few apexes (especially early in the lap), and I still need training on the brakes.​

Recommend this guy to any team looking for a driver, he's very quick and talkative and a good guy to have in a team, good luck with finding a team Danny :thumb:

Meh, came home yesterday and one of the top teams blindsided me with a little test session. With their setup the best I could manage in a 30 minute session was a mistake riddled 1:32.8xx. Hoping to get another chance though, as I really drove poorly yesterday.

Update: In case a team needs a replacement driver for a round, I can be ready as soon as next week for Spa. Just make sure to let me know soon so I can register and everything officially.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back