1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
RD MINI Challenge - Round 4 Silverstone (Live)

Danish motorsports talent sign contract with McLaren

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Søren Holm Pedersen, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff Member

Well, just hope he'll do better than his dad then ;)

2. Does McLaren have some kind of a Scandinavian fetish? Hakkinen, Räikkönen, Kovalainen, now this guy? Looks promising though.

3. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff Member

You could include his dad, Jan Magnussen in that list as well ;)

4. And Keke Rosberg & Stefan Johansson.

5. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff Member

True, but there was a gap in between Johansson and Magnussen. But from Hakkinen/Magnussen to Kovalainen there was a steady nordic(mostly fin) fetish for McLaren - or Ron Dennis if you like.

6. But Scandinavian drivers are fast as "racing, is in there blood". (jocking) But the contrys do support racing like karting and motor-cylces and I guess that is why Mclaren got that fetish. (it means cheap drivers as the contry helps them to improve:p)

• Like Like x 1
  7. You need some Sisu and practice car control starting at a very young age.

Sisu meaning courage ;)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mohamedou Ari

Mohamedou Ari
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

I hope he makes daddy proud. :)

10. Jan and Kevin are great drivers. I've always liked them. I thought they were from Norway?

11. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff Member

Nah, the closest we have been to F1 was Harald Huysman in... 89 for EuroBrun.

12. Sweden has had a couple of drivers, most notably is Ronnie Peterson. Arguably one of the best drivers to never clinch a title.
    It´s funny because Finland has had more or less the same amount of drivers in F1 through time yet the difference in success is huge.

8 Fin´s vs 9 Swede´s.

3 WDC´s vs 0.

13. Courtesy to Mika Hakkinen and Kimi Raikkonen.