1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Danish motorsports talent sign contract with McLaren

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Søren Holm Pedersen, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Well, just hope he'll do better than his dad then ;)

2. Does McLaren have some kind of a Scandinavian fetish? Hakkinen, Räikkönen, Kovalainen, now this guy? Looks promising though.

3. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

You could include his dad, Jan Magnussen in that list as well ;)

4. And Keke Rosberg & Stefan Johansson.

5. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

True, but there was a gap in between Johansson and Magnussen. But from Hakkinen/Magnussen to Kovalainen there was a steady nordic(mostly fin) fetish for McLaren - or Ron Dennis if you like.

6. But Scandinavian drivers are fast as "racing, is in there blood". (jocking) But the contrys do support racing like karting and motor-cylces and I guess that is why Mclaren got that fetish. (it means cheap drivers as the contry helps them to improve:p)

• Like Like x 1
  7. You need some Sisu and practice car control starting at a very young age.

Sisu meaning courage ;)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

I hope he makes daddy proud. :)

10. Jan and Kevin are great drivers. I've always liked them. I thought they were from Norway?

11. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Nah, the closest we have been to F1 was Harald Huysman in... 89 for EuroBrun.

12. Sweden has had a couple of drivers, most notably is Ronnie Peterson. Arguably one of the best drivers to never clinch a title.
    It´s funny because Finland has had more or less the same amount of drivers in F1 through time yet the difference in success is huge.

8 Fin´s vs 9 Swede´s.

3 WDC´s vs 0.

13. Courtesy to Mika Hakkinen and Kimi Raikkonen.