Damon Hill 1996 helmet

Sorry to p*ss in your mug, but your helmet design is incorrect. Damon Hill's helmet had 8 "rowing oars" not 6 as in your design (or 7 if you are hiding one with the Rothmans logo)

Very common schoolboy design error by many. Please see the helmet I created one year ago for the correct version

Sorry to p*ss in your mug, but your helmet design is incorrect. Damon Hill's helmet had 8 "rowing oars" not 6 as in your design (or 7 if you are hiding one with the Rothmans logo)

Very common schoolboy design error by many. Please see the helmet I created one year ago for the correct version

The amount of replica helmets that also get the design wrong is very surprising too. I've seen them for sale in the old F1 chain like that as well.

There are 8 oars on his helmet, the same as his father, Graham & also his son Josh.

Screengrabs below taken from Suzuka 1996 when he won the title:
Image3.jpg

Image5.jpg

Was gonna say you're both right to some degree.

There are 8 oars on the London rowing club cap.

Hill ran 8 oars when at Arrows on the helmet, 7 oars when at Williams with Rothmans backing, on occasions I have seen 6, once at a sale of one of his helmets at Sotherbys auctions or something like that.....went for stupid money.

He ran 7 oars at Jordan too.

The Rothmans and Jordan helmets never saw 8 oars due to sponsorship placement at the front of the helmet.

But I know I have seen 6 oars on Hills Rothmans helmet at an auction for a genuine helmet, not a replica.

One thing can be said for certain, Hill liked his oars........lmao

:sneaky:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%