Damage replaces penalty?

Hello guys!

I just read the thread to the mini endurance at spa and lot of people were voting for disabling the penalty...

In fact i was talking to Akis once (cause i saw that in one race everybody was cutting the corners at nurburg ;) about corner cutting and his opinion was that this will be solved anyway in future due to damage implemented...

And isn´t that a well taken point? Excessive corner cutting will be punished through damage now. Running wide on exit will be (imho) punished by fighting for car control anyway.
So what stays is that the 5 sec penalty is just anoying and not usefull anymore or necessary anymore for club races.

What do you think about it?

On the other hand, especially for Spa, there could be a lot "time saved" if the Raidillon is heavily cut (and not punished...) :-/

If you put a wheel off track in any form of racing, the absolute most you'd lose is half a second.
The five seconds might come into play if after a warning for doing so, a driver continued.
Five seconds is absolutely insane and does nothing for the racing.
All it does is discourage guys and they end up exiting the server because they know that after one or two of those in a race, there's just no way they can catch up to the leaders.

I'd say everybody agrees that this penalty is stupid :thumbsdown: But it's the only thing there is and without anything track limits are ignored as experience showed...
Looks like for 1.0 it won't be changed so we have to live with it for a while :cool:
Only in clubs like here you have the chance to find people that respect the rules so that you can turn off the penalty.
Unfortunately only US server achieved so far :(:unsure:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 80 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 314 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing